Tired of junk mail? OPT OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Commander
'Tis the season for the scumbag identity thief!<br /><br />Here's a great web site to get your name off the mailing lists so you don't get those pesky credit card offers and junk mail:<br /><br /> http://www.creditinfocenter.com/cards/preventSellLists.shtml <br /><br /><br />It takes some time to kick in, but it does work.<br />I don't get the junk mail anymore or any card offers in the mail.<br /><br /><br />As you know, a thief can grab that credit card offer in your mail along with some other personal information and ruin your credit.<br /><br />It happened to me, but luckily I caught it in time. Now I protect my personal information VERY close.<br /><br />If you or your parents are elderly, take some time and get them to opt out. Some of the biggest targets are our elderly.<br /><br />H.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tired of junk mail? OPT OUT!

For some reason I never have the presence of mind to simply take all the stuff mailed to me, put it into the prepaid envelope and mail it back to the sender with nothing filled out. Others have said they do this and it works.

Homerr

Commander

I've never done that either tcube. Sounds like fun!<br /><br />Problem is... it's the credit card offers that you don't get that the identity thief does.<br /><br />You hear more and more people getting nailed this way.<br /><br />I wish I had 5 minutes alone with the identity thieves and a clip full of ammo!<br /><br />H.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by tcube:<br /> For some reason I never have the presence of mind to simply take all the stuff mailed to me, put it into the prepaid envelope and mail it back to the sender with nothing filled out. Others have said they do this and it works.
This is my approach as well. I take great pride in stuffing to a reasonable size, mixing and matching, and often adding other junk as well. A bit of grease, or never seize right at the spot fingers are inserted to remove the contents is quite effective. Plus we keep the mail carriers working, and the sanation guys employed. <br />
13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.