Tinkerer drops in ask a really big question about snot balls

Tinker er

Cadet
Dunaruna's dragged me back here when I should be doing more productive work, but as I'm here I'd like to see some deep, sensible, analytical and practical consideration of the eternally troubling and seemingly insoluble ethical and philosophical issues about handling and disposing of nasal excesses while sitting comfortably indoors.<br /><br />Has no one else ever rolled what started out as a sloppy bit of snot between the thumb and forefinger until it gets nice and dry and, most importantly, flickable? And then sort of lost it while sitting on the couch watching TV or whatever?<br /><br />Can snot balls harm carpet?<br /><br />What is a toxic load of snot balls?<br /><br />How high should the snot crust be before I instal a new carpet?<br /><br />If my carpet is mostly snot crust but still delightfully bouffant and silent, what's the point of exchanging it for the organic body of woven sheep hair or dead nylons or whatever they put in carpets at vast expense just to allow me to rub my feet back and forth while sitting on the couch watching TV in the hope that I can put enough of a decent electrical charge into a snot ball that it'll spark when it hits the floor so I know where it went? Which currently I never do as I flick it into the air and leave the result to the mystery of gravity and magnetism.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tinkerer drops in ask a really big question about snot balls

A toxic load of snotballs is really dependent on wheter they are your own or not!...

OK, my board of directors has decided to table this one. ;)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

If you’re concerned with overloading the floor coverings this little hint may help. Don't roll them quite as long and they will remain "tacky". At this point they can be flicked at the wall and will subsequently stick there. When a large enough "collection" is attained simply place a frame around them. There, you now have “organic art work”. Or if you continue long enough "organic wall coverings" nicely textured I might add.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And once you get many on the wall, you then can take a small roller and spread them out some, you know, like painting with a roller.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dont have that problem...any snotball on my finger mysteriously disappears when Droopy the Cocker is around :D So can't advise you Tink.<br />Frank

aspeck

Staff member

My question is, why waste a good snack by flinging it on the floor, wall, or ceiling?<br /><br />Think of the money you would save not having to buy chips, pretzels, and the like.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Anyone ever heard of the correct medical term for snotballs (a.k.a.boogers)? Is there one? What do doctors and scientists call them?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Somehow, I don't think that really is Tinkerer, regardless of what the signature says.

FSHKPR

Ensign

OH BOY! i think this takes us to a new low. :confused:

eeboater

Commander

I'm an expert at goobers on stuff.<br /><br />I have a St. Bernard.<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Somehow, I don't think that really is Tinkerer, regardless of what the signature says.
I second that notion. Someone going into an internet venture to make money doesn't stuff up their computer/id/password.<br /><br />Sean

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I saw a survey once that said the highest percentage of booger picking is done at traffic lights. Yep, I've seen it going on. Wonder were they put them? Was that a leggless bug that just hit your windshield?

Dunaruna

Admiral

Trust me, it's him.