Timing lever not hitting stop

mjash

Petty Officer 2nd Class
When i go all the way forward the timing lever is not hitting the forward stop. Normally falls about 1-1 1/2" short. With a little assistance it will go all the way. I dont think it is the timer base sticking. I know the lever is spring loaded. My question is...If I take this apart to clean and lube it, am I gonna get the can of snakes effect. <br /><br />I did spray some WD-40 in there ...Helped a little, not much.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Timing lever not hitting stop

Just watch how the spring comes out Mark and what parts go where. No voodoo involved here..... :)

mjash

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks OBJ,<br /><br />What would be the performance effect with this condition. Could this be my lost RPMS? Running WOT is giving me 4700-4800.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It probably is playing a part in the low RPM's.<br /> Have you raised your engine yet? In your other post you stated that the cavitation plate was nearly 3" below the bottom of your hull.<br /> This will effect the RPM's too.<br /><br />One other thing, what motor are you running? a model number will help us alot.

Walker

Captain

If the timer stop is where its supposed to be then yes you are losing RPM's and performance if your timer base is not going all the way to the stop.