tilt

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just tried to refill my tilt, it said to use SAE 30W, so this is what I did. Problem is I always need to assist the motor for it to work. Once it reaches half way up it starts to work on its own. I do not need to assist it much but it will not go on its own. The tilt is with a 1963 Johnson Super sea Horse 75hp. The motor is running, and I can't seem to get more oil in. I have pumped the motor up and down as much as I can. Could it be possible that the manual release is letting out air. Please help if you can. Thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: tilt

Juice...is this a generic unit? Don't remember tilt units that far back or OMC.

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I beleive it is the original unit. It has a screw out fill hole at the bottom half of the cylinder and another one further up (which is a slotted screw). The one near the bottom sticks out which you can do by hand. The one further up, I'm not sure if this one takes oil or is where the electitrical is. I can see the plunger inside this one.<br />Any help would be great.

bubbakat

Captain

juice I have a trouble shooter for that year and if you will e-mail me I can e-mail info back.<br />Its just two long to put on here there are about four steps to determine what is the problem . This guide lets you detirmine wheather it is cylinder or hydro pump.<br /><br />coofficer@blomand.net <br /><br />just put tilt in the subject and i'll let it thru to my box

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class

any help,,,,anybody...I tried bubbakat's but to no avail.

juice71

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes,I replied, I did these steps. But none worked. I need to know what the screw is above the drain. I will post picks soon and hopefully someone can show me and also help me post pick.

chris abela

Seaman Apprentice

have you checked if the engine's pivot points are not siezed to a point that its too hard to lower the engine