Tilt

Gilbert A.

Cadet
Just a note for whoever might want to help with the problem withthe tilt that won't raise or lower motor even though tilt motor is now working: I did check the level of the fluid right after I got no results on raising or lowering. There was a slight puff when I loosened the cap.<br /><br />Thanks for any suggestions!<br /><br />Gil

Gilbert A.

Cadet
Re: Tilt

Thanks for your query! The motor is a Mariner V-150. I have tried to determine the year of manufacture from the water jacket tag back of the flywheel. That # is C127254. I have yet to find this # coded to a year. If you know the answer, please tell me. (But would this really matter in determining whether it's a burr or severe corrosion stopping the motor from raising or lowering?) <br /><br />Thanks for your interest and attention.<br /><br />Gil

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

1989<br /><br />If you keep starting new posts, instead of continuing with the first post, no one will know what you are talking about. Try to compile or summarize what is wrong, what you have checked and tried, and always include make, model, and year of motor.<br /><br />If all of this info is presented in one place, someone might be able to aid in repairs.

Gilbert A.

Cadet

Roscoe, many thanks! Advice accepted. Relative to the year of the motor, our exchange might help someone else identify same through my line of inquiry and research. I had suspected "1989" from information exchanged in these chats. Many thanks again for the confirmation. I'll keep reading other experiences and will resist the temptatation to post excessively.<br /><br />Gil