Tilt/Trim problem while cruising

leibin81

Cadet
I have an 86 Eliminator Monaco with an AQ 290 outdrive. The outdrive motor works fine on when boat is on the trailer, sitting in the water, and under 10 mph. I do notice that the outdrive will slowly sag down to fully tilted when the boat is on the trailer. The other problem is I can't trim/tilt within the range while I'm over 10mph in the water. There are no visible fluid leaks. Can anyone help with troubleshooting?<br /><br />Thank you very much in advance. I appreciate the feedback and advice from all.

michael-lagrange

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tilt/Trim problem while cruising

sounds like the hydrolic pump is/or<br />#1 low of fluid<br />#2-internal leaking, fluid still full but unable to build pressure due to worn parts.<br />your out drive saging down tells me its an internal hydrolics problem. hydrolics are seals,vains,and pressure. you might want to seek help from a local pump pro.<br /> boat safely

leibin81

Cadet
Re: Tilt/Trim problem while cruising

I have been told that motor isn't made anymore. Will most boat mechanics no how to rebuild. Is there aa place anyone knows that specializes in the Volvo power trim motor rebuilds? Thanks in advance