Tilt & Trim is sluggish

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My 93' 200Hp Yamaha's trim is not woking properly. You can hear the motor running but it pauses for several seconds before slowly rising...going down is even slower and more toublesome. I had to put some weight on the foot while pushing the button last time I tried getting down. Once it starts moving it is smooth. Also here a poppingknocking comming from trim motor...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt & Trim is sluggish

clean all your wireing carefully. also the bracket may be binding on the tilt tube and hydraulic steering support tube if applicable, when was the last time you greased thr trim ram tips and wear pads ?

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Rodbolt....I don't even know what those are....I thought maybe it was low on H-fluid. Not sure how to check. Can you give me more advise.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

when the motor is tilted up look at the spot the 2 trim rams hit the wear plates. that must be lubed. do you have hydraulic steering and if so is it a center mount or side mount cyl?<br /> to check the fluid raise the motor, lock it in place either with the lock or a board. remove the 17mm hex nut from the resevoir, the fluid level should be at the threads.

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The steering is hydraulic and I believe the cylinder is center mount. Does it sound like a pump motor if the motor sound like its strong when you have the button engaged?