Tilt /Trim Hydraulic Pump Leak

Jonh Davis

Recruit
I have a 1981 60hp Mercury outboard. The problem is there is a serious leak coming from a hole on the side of the bottom plate between where the high and low pressure hoses connect. It seems to be a machined hole not a crack. The pump leaks when you put in oil. It doesn't have to be running.

papasmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tilt /Trim Hydraulic Pump Leak

What is the serial # of the motor? I don't show a 60HP in 1981. Is it a 3 or 4 Cyl? It might just be a bad o-ring. But you won't know until tou remove the valve body.

Jonh Davis

Recruit

Originally posted by papasmurf:<br /> What is the serial # of the motor? I don't show a 60HP in 1981. Is it a 3 or 4 Cyl? It might just be a bad o-ring. But you won't know until tou remove the valve body.

Jonh Davis

Recruit

Thanks for the comeback Papasmurf.<br />I have already changed the "O" rings and the reservoir gasket. No leaks from there, just plenty of oil coming from the little hole in the<br />bottom plate between the high and low pressure hose connections.<br />The serial number is 06550017. Its a 3 cylinder

papasmurf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is a 1984! Without physically looking at it, and since you replaced all eight o-rings, I would say you have a bad valve body.