tilt omc help

tunnelwood

Recruit
Hello> I recently installed a trim tilt unit(3 wire)on my 115 (1979) before I installed it I hooked it to a battery and cycled it up and down. It worked fine. After Installation it would trim but not tilt. I drained the fluid and re-filled with the motor manually raised in the tilt lock position (loosened the manual unlock screw) :confused: . I then cycled it up and down about eight times and it still will not tilt. Could it have a hydraulic lock from runnig it flat on the bench? any ideas? thanks in advance greg

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: tilt omc help

Have you tried jumping the wires to the battery to isolate/eliminate the unit?

Goodoleboy

Chief Petty Officer

Hi T dubya!<br /><br />You may have air in the system. Or you may have bad leak inside the pump valves. Your manual will tell you how to bleed off air, and track down internal leak.<br /><br />Does the motor continue to run while you hold the switch in the up position.<br /><br />Since it worked while on the bench. It had no load on the cylinders at that time. But under load...trying to raise the motor...it leaks so much it just cant pump enough oil to over come it.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by tunnelwood:<br /> Hello> After Installation it would trim but not tilt.
I didn't read yours correctly.