Tilt and Trim Problem

Jeffneal1988

Cadet
Last week I had my boat out and the tilt and trim worked fine. I took the boat out this week and when I hit the up on the switch I dont hear anything but when I hit down it goes down and motor works but nothing when I press up no click motor dosent make any noise. Any suggestion on what could be causing this. It's a prestolite set up with 2 rams. 1974 115 hp evinrude. I checked and dont see any lose wires so I'm stumped is there a way to troubleshoot this

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim Problem

Jeff, stick to one post as it gets less confusing. Read the rules at the top of the forum !! Thank you.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim Problem

Check the trim switch for continuity in the "up" position. The up movement takes all the current. If the switch is wired direct to the motor, the internal up contact may have burned out. The factory originally put a solenoid in the "up" circuit to take the load off that switch. Check out the original factory parts diagram at epc.brp.com You'll likely have to refer to the original factory service manual for the actual electrical diagram of the trim system.