Tilt and Trim Double Solenoid

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks For taking the time to read this... Bought this boat battery was out, 1976 starcraft with a mercrusier 165 GM 250 I6. Put battery in, Tilt Down Works, Checked Oil level and Filled.

This is a dual solenoid system... There is one Bullet wire - Purple with no where to plug in? Also the clear tube has no fluid and it appears the Tilt out, In is not working at all...

I have looked at the wiring diagram in the Service Manual, Not sure where to go now... as the outdrive is down and cannot be lifted... Any help will be appreciated... Here are the pics.. Thank You

trimpumpwires002.jpg

trimpumpwires001.jpg

trimpumpwires003.jpg

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim Double Solenoid

the purple wire goes to ground ,so its not a big deal.that system has been modified with the second solenoid.orange is 12V feed, up solenoid is the blue wire one, down solenoid is the green wire one.
the thin blue and green wires go to the control buttons for trim and trailer

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

the purple wire goes to ground ,so its not a big deal.that system has been modified with the second solenoid.orange is 12V feed, up solenoid is the blue wire one, down solenoid is the green wire one.
the thin blue and green wires go to the control buttons for trim and trailer

Bt Doctur,
Thank you for the reply, Does it appear to be wired correctly in the picture at this point. Its like i have no power to the up, Since i suck with the Voltmeter, i will get a new 10 hour course today on Voltage since that appears to be the only step to take... if you have other ideas i am all ears... been messing with this over 10 hours... Thanks for any input.. I appreciate it.

Robert

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

jumper from the orange wire to the blue wire on the solenoids large lugs

blue=sky=up
green=grass= ground/down

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps this marked up picture will help you with the wiring.

attachment.php

Attachments

• trimpumpwires002.jpg
    trimpumpwires002.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 8

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

jumper from the orange wire to the blue wire on the solenoids large lugs

blue=sky=up
green=grass= ground/down

Bt Doctor, Thank You Sir, I jumped it and it went up... Appears Trim Sending Unit Needs Cleaned and serviced before i Attempt to Replace it. Thank You

Perhaps this marked up picture will help you with the wiring.

attachment.php

Don,

I cannot thank you enough, I have followed all kinds of your posts here at Iboats, even though i am new, i use the search feature like crazy and always go to the Manual #2 first like you suggest. Thank You for taking the time to download that image and mark that sucker up for me... I am going to rewire with proper colors today so i know what I have. Again, I really appreciate the candid and easy replys you give folks and especially me, i know it takes time.. Thanks Again Sir, Your Greatly Appreciated and Valuable to the Forum.

Regards,
Robert

P.S. - Have double checked the trim unit it was in horrible condition.