Tiger quit a tourny?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Nope I heard wrong, he just didn't stick around while the last players finished the round. I can understand that in certain situations.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Tiger quit a tourny?

Wouldnt you leave early if the wife called you home?<br /><br />Ken

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Have you seen his wife? Coming sweetheart.......

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Wouldnt you leave early if the wife called you home?<br /><br />Ken
It all depends. What does she want/need, and if the fish are biting.........Well????????? :eek:

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

Actually what he did was CRAZY and probably the stupidest thing he has ever done.<br /><br />What was Tiger Woods thinking when he left the PGA Championship before he knew whether he would be involved in a playoff?<br />Woods felt he had no chance to win his third major of the year, so he left. He actually flew home to Florida. When play resumed Monday, Woods was watching on TV.<br /> <br /><br />Woods was the clubhouse leader at the time he bolted from Baltusrol. Had a playoff been necessary, he wouldn't have been there. That would have been embarrassing for Woods and for golf. He would have looked foolish and would have ticked off lots of fans. I suspect CBS officials would have been livid, as well. Can you imagine turning on your TV to watch Woods in a playoff, only to discover he is a no-show?

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, he would have looked like an idiot had he been wrong and ended up tied for the lead after play ended Monday...<br /><br />BUT, given the scores at the time, the quality of the players who had yet to finish their rounds, the fact that the two finishing hooles were par 5's, and the conditions the remaining players would face on Monday (good weather, soft greens from all of the rain), the risk/ reward ratio didn't seem to make his decision that risky to me. <br /><br />To quote Woods:<br /><br />"It was (a risk) but it wasn't either," Woods said as he prepared for the start of the NEC Invitational on Wednesday. <br /><br />"These are the best players in the world. Look who's on the board. <br /><br />"If you have guys who have never been there before, then it might have been a different story but each one of those guys had won a major championship up there on the board. <br /><br />"There were three guys ahead of me (Mickelson, Thomas Bjorn and Steve Elkington) , two guys tied (Vijay Singh and Davis Love III) and (Retief) Goosen at one with two par fives. <br /><br />"They're not coming back (to me)." <br /><br />Plus, take into account what he went home to. Ellen Nordgren[sp?] isn't exactly Rosanne.

eeboater

Commander

So he went home... we could play what-if's till we're blue in the face. In the end, what happened that was bad?<br /><br />Sean

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> So he went home... we could play what-if's till we're blue in the face. In the end, what happened that was bad?<br /><br />Sean
Nothing much other then the BEST golfer in world leading a Major championship deciding to fly home before the end of the tournament, which was RIDICULOUS to say the least.<br />Tigers talking points are hilarius and a lot of uniformed people bought into it.<br /><br />Luckily for Tiger he has been a great person and has handled himself well over the years, if this was anybody else "Daly" it would have been a bigger media deal, similar to Moss walking off the feild. :)