Tiderunner ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadlakemonster

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone have any information on this boat? I don't have any numbers off it, as it is still up at the lake. I have been searching, and have found nothing on it really. All I know is that it is a Tide Runner, and at some point may have had a center helm. That's about it.
TheDinghy.jpg

I would like to find some plans for it somewhere, and see if I could "re-create" the center helm. Or maybe I will just throw a motor on it and run he as she goes.

Tiderunner Tom

Recruit
Re: Tiderunner ID?

I have an 18' 1976 cuddy Tiderunner. The boats were hand layed and built in Gig Harbor, Washington (Not anymore though). Most of these boats for sale and on the water are found in the Seattle Tacoma area. I didn't know they made a 14' center counsel, most all the boats I see around are cuddies. A year or so I was able to find their website, but I was unable to find it now. I know that they are now owned by Palmer Marine. And it looks like they no longer use the Tiderunner name, but the hulls haven't really changed. Also Lighthouse Marine located in Gig Harbor could be of help. http://www.lighthousemarineinc.net/ Those guys have been working on Tiderunners for years and enjoy a challenge and helping out fellow boaters.

Good Luck

Tiderunner Tom

Recruit

I have an 18' 1976 cuddy Tiderunner. The boats were hand layed and built in Gig Harbor, Washington (Not anymore though). Most of these boats for sale and on the water are found in the Seattle Tacoma area. I didn't know they made a 14' center counsel, most all the boats I see around are cuddies. A year or so I was able to find their website, but I was unable to find it now. I know that they are now owned by Palmer Marine. And it looks like they no longer use the Tiderunner name, but the hulls haven't really changed. Also Lighthouse Marine located in Gig Harbor could be of help. http://www.lighthousemarineinc.net/ Those guys have been working on Tiderunners for years and enjoy a challenge and helping out fellow boaters.

Good Luck

flatheadlakemonster

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the help, I know this one came from the Puget Sound area, so GH makes sense. I am actually from that side of the sound, so it is nice to know that it is a "local" boat. I have to get up to the cabin soon to start takins some serious looks at the boat to see what is going on with it. Maybe it never had a center helm, who knows?

flatheadlakemonster

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yeah, from what I understand, it is basically a whaler clone. I have been passing that idea around also....

I'd like to add that it seems to me that if it were a center console it would have a hole in the deck for steering and controls- If it was a side console it would have an entrance hole in the starboard side gunnel for controls. I'm assuming it's not a thin solid wall where cable mount screw holes would show. Hope that helps. I'm lookin at a 15 side console right now. awsome lookin but don't know how they act.

flatheadlakemonster

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well I think I am going to scrap this project now. I think I am just going to seel the boat/trailer, get the motor running tip top, ans send it down the road. The more I look at it, the more I realise I don't have time to make all this work the way I want. I think I may just wait a few years and buy something that I really want, now that the family is growing and all.....

flatheadlakemonster

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well a few years have gone by, and times have changed. I have a 6 year old little girl now who loves to fish off the dock, but wants to go out in "dad's boat" I never got rid of anything, so the project was just stalled for a few years.....last weekend I went up to the lake and hauled her home. I already have a list of parts and accessories saved in my iBoats shopping cart, waiting for me to get the motor running, and get the project started again......

Shodgson1231

Recruit
Grew up with his boat on Cape Cod. We bought it new in '85 or '86! It had a side console on starboard, and a 25 horse merc off the back. The battery and gas tank were standalone, and there were two wooden benches for seating of up to 6 (maaaax) including the bow 'steps'. So cool to see you found one! Good luck with the upgrades!! We used ours for fishing, tubing, kneeboarding, and skiing when I was still young. I'm sure we have dozens of photos of her back at the lake house if you'd like for reference! (Pictured here with my little sister beached on dead neck island outside of cotuit just inside the channel) ...could not upload photo. Maybe the link works

jbcurt00

Staff member
@Shodgson1231

Its been over 2yrs since LakeMonster was here, not likely to get your reply.

Avoid posting in inactive topics. After 90days w no new posts, consider them closed until the original starter posts to the topic again

Status
Not open for further replies.