Thundercraft 280 magnum (1986) where can I get spare parts

ulster

Cadet
I broke the window closing latches on my Thundercraft and was wondering if anyone out there knows where I can pick up new or used ones?<br />Also the wiper motor covers are missing and I was wondering if there is a replacement <br />(after market) for them?<br /><br />Been a while since I was on here this is a great site.<br /> :cool:

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Thundercraft 280 magnum (1986) where can I get spare parts

Not sure which window you are referring to? deck hatch or sliding side window, porthole? All that stuff is/was made by other companies so you may still be able to get some parts. I see you are in the Toronto area. There is a marina up the 400 at Innisfil Beach Rd called Sandy Cove Marine. Upstairs they have accumulated years of pieces and they call it their Flea Market, could be worth the drive for you to check it out. The 280 is a nice boat, still see many of them out there, we had a 1989 290 for a few years and then got 1990 340 which we've had for 11 years now.

ulster

Cadet

Thanks Bob for the input it's the side window at the windowscreen like the old quarerlight on the old cars I will contact Sandy cove and inquire.<br /><br />Yes I really like the boat having a lot of fun with it.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

OK I think I know what you mean, go to this link and in the catalog click on the Hatches and Winshield Accesories and then click on adjustable side vent handles Taylor Made Marine

ulster

Cadet

Thats the one thanks Bob.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Ulster...I was at Sandy Cove this morning getting some stuff and I saw what you need upstairs in their flea market, there was a box with 10-15 of those latches, there were priced at $4.95 each, probably a good deal!

ulster

Cadet

Thanks Boatin Bob I will check it out.

ulster

Cadet

Boatin Bob
Was up at Sandy cove and picked up the parts.

Thanks for the info.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Your welcome :) Happy Boating!!!