Thunderbolt 500 Idle Tubes

Zenvalo

Seaman
1973 50 Mercury Thunderbolt 500 Serial # 3722026

I am in desperate need of 2 idle tubes for this motor. The part is no longer available that I can find and even looking on the parts lists, it shows it in the exploded view of the carb, but doesn't list it in the parts below. Here's the link to the exploded view and it's part #22 in the diagram.

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/449_10.cfm

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot guys!

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Thunderbolt 500 Idle Tubes

I dought you will find them by the piece. There are many side-bowl carbs on Ebay for sale. I can't answer if the 50-65-75-85 hp models are the same or not. I think there are two different size carbs for the early Mercs.

Zenvalo

Seaman

That's not what I wanted to hear! Haha! I was hoping there may be someone out there with a parts motor that would be willing to sell me a couple of them. I've had this thing a few months now, getting close to the $1,000 mark of money put into it and it's still not running correctly. If I have to get new carbs just because of the silly idle tubes, that will surpass the grand. Hoping I don't have to go that far...

So, if anyone is willing to sell a couple of them off a similar year, same size parts motor, please reply here or PM me. If anyone knows of any sources online, let me know. If anyone has any local sources i.e. boat junk yards, etc. I'm willing to pay for time, effort, shipping, etc. so long as it isn't nearly as expensive as new carbs. :p

Thanks again all!

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class

Call David @ 614-864-7057, Reynoldsburg, Ohio. Listing on Craigs List, "Milk crates full of Carbs" 60's-70's few 80's

I believe yours are KA style carbs