thru hull exhaust for omc cobra

todd5881

Cadet
I am trying to find a blockoff plate for the Y pipe on my omc cobra drive. trying to install full time thru hull exhaust but having trouble finding blockoff plate to remove y pipe! is it something i can make or do i need something special?? any input would be great! Thanks in advance.

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: thru hull exhaust for omc cobra

By Y pipe are you saying that you have "captains call" exhaust and you want to block off the side that goes through the drive. That is what it sounds like you are asking. If so you would need to block off the drive's exhaust port and remove the Y pipes and run full time transom exhaust. But if I had captains call exhaust I would keep it because it is a nice thing to have.

todd5881

Cadet

no i do not have a captains call system, they are a little to expensive! i am trying to run full time thru hull exhaust straight off the risers but i need to remove y pipe from boat all together! so i need some king of plate to install where y pipe connects to block it off. thanks.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

I am not real familiar with the OMC set up, but on the Mercruiser it would be real easy to fabricate a block off plate (but the Merc are available). It's just a flat plate w/ bolt holes.<br />I suspect the OMC is similar.