Throttle/Shift Controlls Need help

dpoelstra

Seaman Apprentice
I have an 85 bayliner 2850 with twin 225/280 set up. The controls are the standard top mount for twins, with the single lever for shift and throttle.

The shift seems worn, and sloppy at the control,(not at the sterndirve), making the "feel" tough to know when in gear or neutral. Short of replacing the entire control, is this control unit serviceable? Is the Teleflex replacement unit a direct replacement?

What are the best options?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Throttle/Shift Controlls Need help

Post a picture of your control. Volvo normally uses controls built by Teleflex and you may get parts from Teleflex directly.

dpoelstra

Seaman Apprentice

Dont have a pic handy, but it is the Teleflex MT-3. Teleflex says they have no service information on this. Is this just a disposalbel $500 unit, or has anyone been successful in refurbishing them?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Is this just a disposalbel $500 unit, or has anyone been successful in refurbishing them?
Well, if Teleflex says they have no service information or parts for it, what do you expect to do?

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Perhaps Teleflex could inform you of a compatible unit

dpoelstra

Seaman Apprentice

Well, if Teleflex says they have no service information or parts for it, what do you expect to do?

Well, it has been my experience with forums, that many members have fantastic ideas about things such as this, so I thought I would ask.

I guess not...