Throttle gear

krb113

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi Folks!!<br /><br /> I read more than I talk on here. I acquired a 71' model 40 hp erude (40153g) and the throttle gear on the frame is broken. This is the part that sits in the bushing of the frame with the slot for the pawl and has the knob that the cable end attaches to. If this isn't clear we'll try again. I need one of these and the cover plate at the shift rod connection on the foot of the motor (the oval "window"). Be glad to pay for the above if you have. Thanks to a GREAT bunch of folks with a LOT of useful info in advance!!

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Throttle gear

I think I know the part you mean. This is the part where the throttle cable attachs, and it turns the throttle tower arm that goes up to the engine right? It's called the "Throttle Control Gear" P/N 309188. The window cover is called the "Exhaust housing cover plate", P/N 303862. Both those parts may still be available from your Johnson/Evinrude dealer.<br />You could also get it from an online outboard junkyard, such as Twin City Outboards. I expect the dealer parts would cost around $50 together, so they should want a fair bit less. Any place should have it since they was used for many years on a variety of popular outboards.<br />Unfortunately, it's against the rules to trade directly here. But I haven't got any spares anyway. <br /><br />Good luck!

krb113

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Throttle gear

Sorry, Paul, I really wasn't trying to make a deal on the parts, but merely letting anyone know I would be glad to have if they offered. <br /> Yes that is the part and thanks for the numbers. I was going to try the dealer as a last resort.