throttle cable

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm installing a T & H Hot foot throttle on my 15 ft 3 in bass boat. I want to order the cable myself so I can install it myself,maybe. I have a 79 85 hp Rude and have no idea how long the current or replacement cable length are. Anybody got any ideas on how to handle this?<br /><br />Dutch

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer
Re: throttle cable

I might be missing the question but,<br />I would suggest measuring the length the cable needs to be and order the closest length you can get over the length you need it.<br />It is always better to have to much than not enough.<br /><br />If you think you need a 13' cable , order 13.5' or 14'.

Bondo

Staff member

The current cable Should have the length,+ part # Somewhere on the outer casing, usaully on the 1/3rd closest the engine.....<br />As for the needed cable.... like the Boatingfool says,.... Measure It..!!

magster65

Commander

If you can go without your boat for a while, pull it out and measure it or just take it with you when you order the new one. Tie a small rope to it when you pull it out, leave it where the old cable was then tie the new one to it to pull it back through. It'll make re-installing the new one much easier if it's routed behind / through stuff.