Thought I'd share my recently completed project

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Had been a 20'x30' concrete patio with a skinny stairway leading to a single door going into the laundry...UGH...

DSCN0144.jpgDSCN0145.jpgDSCN0146.jpgDSCN0147.jpg

Now a completely screened atrium coming off the new double door from the dining room. Ceiling-mounted flat screen w/ dual zone surround sound (inside and outside), a few decorative ceiling fans, and lots of outlets. A BIG thanks to my SIL who toiled many hours and did a great job.

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Thought I'd share my recently completed project

I see many relaxing hours in the future. The sound of rain on that roof will lull you to sleep, hail! fuggetaboutit.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looks good. Next project is boxing it all in to make an extra room on the house. :D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Nice job!!
Enjoy

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Excellent - hope you enjoy it for a very long time!

nlain

Commander

Thanks folks...but I'm not certain that Buster doesn't think it was built for him:eek:

View attachment 144379

First, very nice, you do good work. Now for the cat, do you not know that the whole place belongs to the cat and you are allowed to stay there and take care of the cat. :D

Water_God32

Seaman

That looks awesome! Perfect for coming home to after a day out on the lake, cookin up some burgers sipp'n a cold one. Nice work man!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Looks good. Next project is boxing it all in to make an extra room on the house. :D

Well Tom, I did keep that in mind during design and construction. Each post, beam and rafter has been anchored/strapped according to our current code which is the beefiest in the US. If you look hard, you can see some of them...we'll see what comes!

nlain

Commander

I just went back and looked at the pics again, I see one more thing you need to do, insulate the overhead, that Fl Sun will super heat that tin roof.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

I just went back and looked at the pics again, I see one more thing you need to do, insulate the overhead, that Fl Sun will super heat that tin roof.

Yep, nlain, thought about that too. Got it to this point and just wanted the construction to be over for a while (took two months of weekends). I'm gonna make that call after August. It's amazing, too, how much wind is knocked down by the 20x20 (no see um) screen. It's sooooo nice to open all the windows and doors and still keep the critters at bay!