Those Dang Greeting Card Companies

KaGee

Admiral
They are coming up with a "card" day for almost everyday of the year... Good grief Charlie Brown!<br /><br />
Eggs Benedict Day [ April 16 ] <br />To pep up this week’s menu, here comes Eggs Benedict Day for ya on April 16. An age-old American favorite, eggs benedict are just enough to keep your taste-buds asking for more ‘n with Ron ‘round, don’t ever expect to get a bite ! Now if ya wanna yummy up someone’s day, jus’ wish him/ her with eggs-tra special wishes now ! <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br /> Cheeseball Day [ April 17 ] <br />Say cheese ! Foodies, take heart ! It’s Cheeseball Day—another groovy day high on chunks of fun ! Now, if ya ain’t a food-enthusiast ‘n you’ve already turned grim-faced calculating the calories, jus’ chill. Wish your folks with some cool wishes on this day ‘n keep the calorie-monster away ! Now that sounds bright, right ? <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br /> Nosy Neighbor Appreciation Day [ April 17 ] <br />Ya know my neighbor Mrs. Bradley proudly declares that she has two notoriously nosy neighbors—the glorious Kong (my ‘adorable’ pooch) ‘n of course, meself ! She feels we get on her way everytime she dedicates herself to some noble task. Now am sure she’ll appreciate us very warmly on Nosy Neighbor Appreciation Day. ‘N if ya wanna appreciate your nosy neighbor, do it with some fun-wishes ! <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br /> Cow Chip Day [ April 19 ] <br />Now, if you’re game for some cool cow chip fun, sneak a peek at Cow Chip Day ! For those who dunno, this day honors the annual World Championship Cow Chip Throw of Oklahoma. A li’l messy, but it’s peachy fun indeed ! Now here, ya can chuck out the mess part ‘n send some neat fun-filled wishes your buds’ way. So jus’ have your fling on April 19. <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br /> April Showers Day [ April 22 ] <br />Ya must’ve heard this often—April showers bring May flowers, right ? Yes, April gives ya the wonderful showers ‘n flowers. ‘N as a kiddo, I jus’ used to look forward to the april showers ‘n loved to get myself home all soaked up ! It was Megan (my childhood buddy) and my favorite after-school activity. ;-) Now, if ya wanna rain your love on your dear ones too, just check out April Showers Day. <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br />

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Those Dang Greeting Card Companies

I hear ya. Sorta like Christmas music and advertisements before Thanksgiving even gets here.<br />I don't buy into it. Mrs.Link gets two cards a year. Birthday and Christmas. I bought them at the dollar store (2 for a buck) I think I have enough to last me for another 10 years..had I known about the internet and ecards comming I wouldn't have bought so many 15 years ago ! :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Those Dang Greeting Card Companies

I am unable to participate in any more Hallmark holidays. I have to save my $$ for TYLENOL!!!!