This will give you a warm fuzzy - NOT!

aspeck

Staff member
There are several youtube videos of the incident on line. I watched one that was from "police activity" I believe, 17 minutes long and documents the entire arrest. There was absolutely nothing that would show a need for an elevated threat concern. Pretty sad.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wasn't that incredible and where did the stray bullets go?????

airshot

Rear Admiral
Try walking in a cops shoes for a couple weeks in a high crime area, especially where gun violence is high !!! Why do you think so many are leaving the cities ?? Extremely few people can live with the daily stress of being shot at any moment !!

Reactions: KJM

aspeck

Staff member
Try walking in a cops shoes for a couple weeks in a high crime area, especially where gun violence is high !!! Why do you think so many are leaving the cities ?? Extremely few people can live with the daily stress of being shot at any moment !!
I agree with you, it is a high stress job and not for everyone. I have several close friends and family members who wear blue. A couple are on CERT teams. I will stand up for most of those that wear the uniform, but knuckleheads don’t get a free pass. Watch the 17+ minute video that police activity posted. It LOOKED like a decent neighborhood and was a pretty laid back situation until the acorn touched things off.

tphoyt

Ensign
I’m lucky to have a great bunch cops in my town.
The next town over not so much.
It’s not a job for everyone that’s for sure.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How does it work down there with cops? Does each town have their own separate police force? Are they all trained to the same level?

FLATHEAD

Commander
How does it work down there with cops? Does each town have their own separate police force? Are they all trained to the same level?
Here in the states, it’s all over the place. Most larger towns have their own force, some more rural areas with several small towns use regional police that cover the entire area. Each state as far as I know have state police that cover the whole state and major highways. Where I live there really isn’t a town. We have no local police so we are covered by the state police. I might see police on our road maybe once every couple years.

tphoyt

Ensign
I live on island that has separate towns and each town has its own PD and a state barracks as well.
They all train as a state academy. In my eyes it all comes down to how the cheif runs his dept and the hiring of stable level headed people.

aspeck

Staff member
In our area we have 3 law enforcement entities… County Sheriff’s Department, Borough Police, and State Police. All 3 have different training requirements and answer to different authorities. They actually work together fairly well.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Here in the states, it’s all over the place. Most larger towns have their own force, some more rural areas with several small towns use regional police that cover the entire area. Each state as far as I know have state police that cover the whole state and major highways. Where I live there really isn’t a town. We have no local police so we are covered by the state police. I might see police on our road maybe once every couple years.
Sounds like where I live. We just have county and deputy sheriffs. No state...
Got a message from my daughter this morn. 2 cops and a paramedic were killed responding to a domestic.

aspeck

Staff member
Sounds like where I live. We just have county and deputy sheriffs. No state...
Got a message from my daughter this morn. 2 cops and a paramedic were killed responding to a domestic.
I was notified about that … very sad …

tphoyt

Ensign
It is very sad. My heart go out to the families.
I have heard domestic calls are some of the most dangerous to respond to as they often involve people with mental illness and you just never know what’s going to happen.

aspeck

Staff member
Several years ago a young and super kind State Trooper was called to a domestic. It was his last call. The shooter was killed the following day. I knew both parties (small town). It is always sad …