This was a FIRST!!! new truck....

SoulWinner

Commander
For the very first time in my life I was able to buy the exact vehicle that I wanted! I have owned 35 to 40 cars/trucks in my life, but I always bought what I could, not what I wanted. Well, this week my sweet little wife got me the truck....I mean THE truck that I wanted. I wanted a white Toyota Tacoma extended cab, 4x4, TRD Off Road package, and that's just what I got! Boy, I thank God that He has blessed us so generously. And I love my little truck! It is a 1999 model with 48K miles, one owner and I got all the service records. I have the best God, and the best wife any man could ask for!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: This was a FIRST!!! new truck....

oh man, I hope this dont go the way ray did with his lil red truck.<br /><br />congrats soulwinner!!!!!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's great news, SW!<br /><br />Each of us should be able, at least once in our lives, to have the vehicle we want. Congratulations!<br /><br />I was retired for 4 years before I was able to get the vehicle I chose over all others.<br /><br />It sure feels good, doesn't it? :D

aspeck

Staff member

PJC, you beat me to that one! HA! Was exactly what I was thinking as I read post - could see the additional posts and pictures coming!<br /><br />SW, Congrats! Might not have the same taste in trucks, but sure am glad you were able to get the vehicle you have dreamed about! Enjoy her, be good to her, and I am sure she will return the favor!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats, SW. When are you going to post the pictures?<br /><br />An old friend of mine has got a Tacoma that's all beefed up for offroading. He loves it! You always know when he's coming because of the huge snorkle!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

It don't count SW, unless you post pictures. :D

ndemge

Commander

Yeah, need pics, and put it in your signiture... <br /><br />and every other post has to be about it :) <br /><br />CastaSoulWinner :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Thank you all for the congrats and well wishes. You are a great bunch!! Ok, so I will try to post a picture of the truck, but don't worry, I ain't all self impossed my identity on the little truck like castaway did. I never understood why some folks are all wrapped up in material stuff, I try to lay up my treasure in heaven. But this here truck is real nice and I sure do appreciate it as wonderful blessing from the Lord. Ok, so here goes, I'm gonna try to put a picture of it in here now...... <br /> Alright, lets see how this worked out.

SoulWinner

Commander

Ok, hey it worked :eek: Nowever, it is kind of big, and the mods might want to poof it cause of the size. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Do I make it smaller in my computer before I upload it to the host?

aspeck

Staff member

If you park it closer to the house before taking the picture it will look smaller and then it will be okay! :p ;)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey! There's no boat behind it!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Somebody's been a good boy ;) <br /><br />Its a far cry from this:<br />
bj552bl.jpg
<br /><br />Aldo

KaGee

Admiral

Hey SW, Great lookin truck!<br />You may want to check out the "Diamonds" thread over in Dockside.... this one's gonna cost you big time :D

Stratosfied

Ensign

Nice Truck Soulwinner, if I see ya in Milton, ya gonna take me for a ride? :cool:

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Ok, hey it worked :eek: Nowever, it is kind of big, and the mods might want to poof it cause of the size. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Do I make it smaller in my computer before I upload it to the host?
Here, SW. <br /><br />
sw_truck.jpg
<br /><br />Maybe you can edit your other one out now ;) . Nice truck, BTW, if I didn't say so already. Love those Toy 4x4's. Got a '94 myself. Best vehicle I've ever known, hands down.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the new (old) truck SoulWinner. Now we know your street address too. Maybe somebody will send you some flowers for planting in front of the house!

thekingrancher

Seaman Apprentice

very nice SW, i remember my toyota 4x4 days, at my high school i went to, you had to have either a toyota 4x4 or Z71, nothing else mattered. Congrats

ehenry

Commander

you can't go wrong with a Toyota. I'm still ridin and smilin in my 86 4X4 that I bought new...... 298,000 later. Air still blows cold, the heat's still hot. THe only thing i've added to it is a limited slip rearend and I did that the week it went out of warranty.

SoulWinner

Commander

Hey thanks again everyone for the great comments! Stratos - hey, you're in Brewton! Come on down and you can take it for a drive!