This is a question for EEB...

spratt

Lieutenant
What's up with the Avatar? Just wondering what BestBuy did to ya to use that for an avatar...I thought posting this in the WalMart gripe section but that horse is almost dead I think...need something new to get some gripes on :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: This is a question for EEB...

Actually, FB, we are going to ask EEB to replace that avatar.<br /><br />While anyone is welcome to post experiences with a vendor, good or bad, generalized bashing is not acceptable.<br /><br />EEB: Please replace it.<br /><br />Thanks for your cooperation. :)

eeboater

Commander

Sorry bout that JB -- all taken care of!<br /><br />Flat -- boy do I have a story for you. This may get long winded, but I'm so disgusted with them I'll provide all the details. A little more than a year ago my wife and I bought a new (to us) house. Fortunately, all of the appliances were brand new. All except for the dishwasher. We had extra cash saved up so we decided to just go ahead and replace it. <br /><br />Well, we started by going to American, which if you do not have one in your area, is one of those big furniture stores where they sell couches, furniture, tv's etc. We found a Dishwasher that was in our budget and had some great features. At the time, we just signed up for that Best Buy rewards program (which in hindsite was one the biggest wastes of $9.00 I've ever experienced.) One of the "perks" of this program is for every several thousand points you get a free $5 gift certificate. Well, the week before we signed up for DirecTv which gave us a gazillioin points and we figured that a purchase of the Diswasher would put us over the edge with another gazillion points, resulting in a couple $5 gift cards. We though, heck "free" money and went and bought the washer at BB. It didn't hurt matters much that it was 15 bucks cheaper there.<br /><br />So, we ended up buying the washer, delivery, and installation. I think delivery and installation totalled around 60 bucks or so (can't quite remember.) We scheduled to have the washer delivered the next day (which they did), and an installation on the following Monday. On Monday morning while I was in the shower the guy who was going to install it that day called and left a message on my machine that he was "sick" and could not come to install it that day. He also requested that I call HIM to reschedule. That morning I called and got his VM. Understandable since he was probably in bed sick. I asked that he call me when he can so we can reschedule the install. I left three diff. #'s for him to get a hold of me. <br /><br />Tuesday Afternoon, I hadn't heard from him. Concerned, I called again and got a message stating that his VM was full. So, I hang up and call the store. I spoke with the appliances dept who said he is out installing but they'll put a note on his desk to call me. I said ok.<br /><br />Wednesday Afternoon, I STILL hadn't heard from him. Meanwhile, I've had a dishwasher sitting in my dining room since last Thursday. I call the store and get the appliances department. Demanding an answer, and the guy just gave me a mumbling unrecognizable answer. By then I was pissed. I asked to speak to the "Manager," and his response was, "I am the manager." I told him I was disgusted with the service and want to talk to someone who can get this taken care of. He hands me off to an 800-number call center. The woman took down my information, situation, and my gripes. She said she personally sent an email to the district manager and I WILL BE getting a call either today, or at the very latest tomorrow morning.<br /><br />Thursday afternoon... NO RESPONSE. I was so pi**ed I had enough. I called my brother up and we loaded the dishwasher in the back of my Jeep and drove it back to Best Buy. <br /><br />Think this is the end? ohhh no... I tell the snot nosed punk behind the counter that I just spend > $500 on a dishwasher and noone ever bothered to come and install it for me, so I want to return it. She looked at me dumbfounded for a sec and said "let me go get my manager." So, she leaves for 5 minutes, comes back and says "Someone from appliances is coming up to speak with you." I was steaming, but I said, OK. I figured I'd jump through their hoops, as long as I get my 500 Bucks back.<br /><br />20 Minutes later, no appliances person. They never showed. I was irate. The manager said "just return it" and they gave me my money back. All but 29 bucks. Why? Delivery fee. They actually GOT THAT PART OF THE PURCHASE RIGHT so they felt they didn't have to refund it!!!!! <br /><br />As I was walking out of the store post-return guess who called my wife at home? The installation guy to schedule an appointment. How convenient.<br /><br />From that day forward I have a complete ban on Best Buy. After that I reflected on all my previous purchases from Best Buy and realize, I have never EVER had a good experience with them. I must have been a glutton for punishment. <br /><br />Funny thing is the jokes on them. I turned around and bought a new dishwasher, Couch, chair, ottoman, dining room table w/6 chairs, 52" widescreen, and surround sound within the next year. All from American. They lost out, because of their lack of customer service.<br /><br />Whew... That way long winded but man, that story really gripes my A**!!!<br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

hey ee, was that the brookfield or mayfair store? I've had some CS probs at the Brookfield location.<br />But not Mayfair.<br /><br />A problem I have had with both American and BB is their sales leaders. I go in with an ad, say I want the item pictured in the ad, told to bad so sad just sold out, BUT, we have this other model thats better and only $xxx more.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

BestBuy is a good place to go to if you know what you want, and can deliver and install it your self.<br /><br />Otherwise you get what eeboater got.<br /><br />I buy from Conns, and they have always been on time, and great installers. Cheaper than most also.<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

Actually pjc, funny you mention it. It was the Brookfield location. But, as everyone knows CS at pretty much all the BB's has slid to somewhere between crappy and sh**ty. <br /><br />Ken has got it right. If you know what CD you want, where it is located, and how much it is. Then, all you have to do is nod at the useless yellow-shirted "security person" at the door. Talk to a person while you pay at checkout, and run as fast as you can once you leave the doors.<br /><br />Sean