this boat tarp

jack7771

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone recognize the brand of this boat tarp:

HPIM9211cropmore-r.jpg

It came with the boat when I got it 4 years ago, and the label is too faded to
tell the make or the size.

It needs to be replaced, and I'd like to get another just like it because I can prop it up as you see, and that way the rain
and snow is not a problem. If I knew the maker, then perhaps I might be able to figure out which model/size this one is.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: this boat tarp

It looks like one of the walmart ones to me. a harbor master something or other brand. I used to use them years ago.

UncleWillie

Captain

Did it have strap connectors like this:...

I'll bet it does.
The upper straps are missing.
The OPs photo shows the small black strap holders sewn into the top of the cover that are used to position the straps that go over the top of the cover.
This looks like the generic/Universal cover that is available just about anywhere.
I have one and they work just fine.
It also looks to be a size too large as the cover reaches all the way over the winch post.

A proper fit with the top straps on, would look like this.

BoatCover.jpg

Search for Universal Boat covers, Seachoice, Covermate.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

I purchased the same one from Ebay last year.....

I purchased a vent for it.... I also have it strapped like the Op's pic.

jack7771

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'll bet it does.
The upper straps are missing.
The OPs photo shows the small black strap holders sewn into the top of the cover that are used to position the straps that go over the top of the cover.
This looks like the generic/Universal cover that is available just about anywhere.
I have one and they work just fine.
It also looks to be a size too large as the cover reaches all the way over the winch post.

A proper fit with the top straps on, would look like this.

View attachment 182276

Search for Universal Boat covers, Seachoice, Covermate.

As noted in the original post, I don't want a fit like that because I want the extra room to jack it up as pictured. That's a main reason for wanting to determine who is the maker, so I can find one that will work for me like the one pictured.

UncleWillie

Captain

As noted in the original post, I don't want a fit like that because I want the extra room to jack it up as pictured. That's a main reason for wanting to determine who is the maker, so I can find one that will work for me like the one pictured.

There is no reason that you could not prop it up like you do now.

A couple of inches of slack in the bottom straps would allow you to push the center of the cover up a couple of feet easily.
The top straps do not make the cover any less wide, they just take the load off the fabric.
Your current cover is over-sized for the boat, it is too long and too wide; but, just the way you want it.
Get a universal cover that is sized for a boat larger than what you have and you will be happy. :)

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

The cover I bought for my Procraft is made by Dallas Manufacturing company. It has the same connectors and rear vents that yours does. Only difference is the color. Mine's the blue 600 denier polyester, but they also make a grey 300 denier polyester one as well. The price for mine was under $100.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I bought one from Walmart that is for a 23' boat (my boat is a 20') I like the fact that the cover goes over my winch due to the fact that it keeps UV rays off of my winch strap! The cover also goes over the top of my outboard engine AND allows great ventilation ! :)

jack7771

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've got another picture -- this is the underneath part at the bow -- does it look like that:

P1020512crop-ra.jpg

The softer backing is also under the back corners.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's what my Safeguard one looks like.

jack7771

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought one from Walmart that is for a 23' boat (my boat is a 20') I like the fact that the cover goes over my winch due to the fact that it keeps UV rays off of my winch strap! The cover also goes over the top of my outboard engine AND allows great ventilation ! :)

Is that a Harbor Master from Walmart? I'm wondering if mine is a 23' tarp also. My boat is 20' and you can see in the photo that the tarp covers the winch.

UncleWillie

Captain

That's what my Safeguard one looks like.

That is also what my Covermate looks like.
Soft under liner, Same connectors, 600 denier Grey fabric, Elastic edge band.

It looks like all of these are generic imports and re-Branded by the various distributors into their house Brands to appear to be different.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I am not sure I would call it "padding" , but there is reinforcing at the three corners.... I can say this about it, I have used it for three years now and it still does the job just fine. It has survived snow, rain , sun , and hurricane Sandy ! While I am not going to claim it is "the best available" , I will say it is a good one for the $$.
Does yours have the padded liner sections in the bow and rear corners like I've pictured above?

Last edited: