Thinking of them

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
I have spent a lot of time thinking about our Service Men and Women that will not be home for Christmas for whatever reason and feel like voicing my hopes and prayers for their health,safety and morale through this holiday season.God speed their safe return.<br /><br />This is our second Christmas in a row without Bart Jr. as he is presently in Cuba standing guard on the fence line.My heart goes out to the families that will ,tragically,never enjoy another Holiday with their Service Member.

D

DJ

Re: Thinking of them

Thanks for the reminder, Bart Sr.<br /><br />My best to Jr.

mattttt25

Commander

i'm also thinking of the men and women away from home this holiday season. my command has 35 officers on temporary duty in iraq or afghanistan, which is a big percentage of our wardroom. they were busy doing their assigned jobs in the dc area, and got plucked away to serve a 6 month tour. 2 are good friends of mine.<br /><br />when i get frustrated with the traffic on the roads, the mob at the malls, and the snow not yet cleared from the sidewalks, i try to remember my friends and all our troops.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I too worry about those that will be away. I have missed many Thanksgivings and Christmas's due to work but was able to celebrate within a day or two of the actual event. Not seeing my family for a year would be terrible. I wish the best of luck to all involved, hoping for a safe and speedy return.

gaugeguy

Captain

Speaking from experience, the holidays are just "another day" for those guys and gals. If you think about it too much depression will set in. Well wishes mean just as much in the spring or summer as they do now. <br /><br />God bless them and look out for them every single day.