thinking of buying a 2000 seadoo gs CHEAP

09zkrankin

Cadet
a guy i work with has a 2000 seadoo gs that he told me i could have for $500 with trailer. it has been garage kept with cover its entire life and looks great. he said that it has been sitting for a couple years. he said every year when he would get it out the first time he would have to tap the starter solenoid to get it to start. but then the last time it didn't work, so he crossed over the solenoid and it will crank, so that tells me it needs a new solenoid, but it will crank and not start. i am really good with carburetors so if they need cleaned and adjusted i can do that myself. i have read other people say if your battery is not 100% it will crank great but will not get spark to start so if i buy it im going to buy a new battery and solenoid first and try that. Anything else i need to check out for these problems? i have heard people talk about the mpem and stuff so i just want to see what other people think.

btw i have saw all of the negativity towards the 2 stroke skis on here but this one is cheap and i am a mechanic. i feel like i can fix the issue pretty easily i just want to see if there is something im not seeing with this problem. if you are going to tell me to just go buy a new 12,000 sc ski, or even a 4,000 used 4 stroke then save your breath. i already have a baja with a sbc so i have an expensive toy, just looking for something to put on that doesnt burn as much fuel as the boat

slag

Chief Petty Officer
Re: thinking of buying a 2000 seadoo gs CHEAP

Sounds like you really can't go wrong for $500.00. I'd say get it!