thinking of a donzi

ScarabSprint

Cadet
hey hey I have a 18ft scarab sprint 3.0L. Thinking about getting a 22ft donzi with a 350. What do you guys think? The sprint was my first boat bought in july 08 rady to move up not to big something with a porti-potty and a little cuddy for a over nighter.

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: thinking of a donzi

Probably a safe move. Hell the 3.0L Scarab wouldn't have been worth much as a soprt boat. The Donzi with a 5.7L out to have a little more oomph.

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

What do you guys think?

Donzi has a reputation that was earned in the 60's and 70's, and maybe used to survive since then. I think they are now mid quality production boats with a higher quality price tags. I've seen many that have not held up very well over time with spider cracks everywhere and thin gelcoat.

I'd prefer older to newer.

Good luck.

cribber

Lieutenant

Not knowing where you boat or what you want to do on the water... I'm happy with tweaking my Glastron GT-185 3.0l on the Harris Chain where I usually boat. I'm good with my 5 MPG cruise on the water so I'd suggest you take this factor into account when considering your upgrade. Good luck and let us know what ya get!!!!

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

I have always liked the style of Donzi's and was thinking about getting one myself, but now wife and I are talking about a cabin cruiser for our lakes. Post pics if ya got em.

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Donzi is riding on there name..top of the line boats back when they cared..now its the same old mass produced boat with an eye on the bottom line and not the customer..if the price is right thats great but compare it to a searay,and you'll find it lacking,about the only thing great about the new donzi,is the hull design.

amanphoto

Petty Officer 1st Class

I liked donzi's also. I was looking at the Donzi Regazza. It's got a head in it. But i went with an Wellcraft Eclipse 233 because it was local. Good luck and let us know what you get.

ScarabSprint

Cadet

Well I got it a 2002 22 ZX and love it.. Took it a couple times and can't wait til winter is gone in Baltimore. Here's some picsfirst 22 zx ride 1.jpg

downsized_1109091615.jpg

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Pretty sharp, would like to see some of the interior layout if ya got any.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats and good luck. Looks great!