Thieves strike again!

D

DJ

For the second time in four years thieves have struck again at the family lake home in Alabama. On fathers day, what a gift. I just returned from there, last week. Good thing they didn't strike, on my watch. There is no doubt they were "waterborne" thieves.<br /><br />The first time, they stole a 10 HP Honda outboard from the back of the Whaler. This time they stole a 2000 Yamaha Waverunner from one of the lifts.<br /><br />Actually, of the two they had to steal, the other being a Sea Doo, I'm glad they stole the (perpetual porpoising) Yamaha.<br /><br />Unfortunately, to my surprise, that one was not insured. My brother and I had "disconnected" on the insurance coverage.<br /><br />I wish they would have stole the new "troublesome" Honda '8' off the Whaler.<br /><br />I don't think we'll replace it. My boys are older now, and we'll wait until they have grandkids.<br /><br />When I visit, I only ride the "Bombi" Sea Doo.<br /><br /><br />I'm SICK of people that do this kind of stuff. <br /><br />My parents (80+ years) are worried sick. They are reading about a local case where a Waverunner (Yammy) was stolen, the kid (theif) got into an accident, and his family is suing the (past-stolen from) owners and are about to win. Something like this could wipe us all out.<br /><br />I know, I know, it should have been insured, Guess what, after to talking to our agent, he wouldn't insure it anyway. He said "moored PWC's are just too high risk", "stolen or not, you're going to pay".<br /><br />He told me "court rulings prove the owner to be at fault, not the thief".<br /> <br />That sickens me. That's just plain WRONG. That kind of reasoning is exactly why our friends in NY state cannot lease a vehicle.<br /> :mad: :mad: <br /><br />As a citizen, I want JUSTICE system back, NOT a LEGAL system.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Thieves strike again!

:) I hate thieves!!!! :mad: <br /><br />If caught and are sure of that person being guilty, they should cut the hand off!!!! ;) :cool:

Trent

Captain

I hate a thief also DJ.. Sorry for your loss. What lake in Alabama?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Dam DJ that does suck! I can imagine what the courts say...."Well....if you would have kept it locked up and out of the water, it wouldn't have gotten stolen by the Defendant and he wouldn't have had the accident"....what a bunch of CRAP! Next thing ya' know, it won't be safe to moor a boat at a Marina.....on account of the liabilities with someone stealing it and having an accident. I sure hope these sorta things don't happen to you and yours DJ.

SoulWinner

Commander

Man DJ, that really blows. I can't believe that courts are actually holding the owners at fault. They are the freaking victims!!!! And that the "Justice" system?? I hope you get your stuff back. <br /><br />My dad was an investigator with the Florida Marine Patrol for years. Being up in Pensacola, he ran into a lot of stolen boats and motors and stuff from Alabama. Something about the title/registration up there makes it easier to steel stuff.<br /><br />Anyway, I hope it works out for the best for you.