The Wiggles..

eeboater

Commander
Austrailians:<br /><br />What/who the heck are The Wiggles?!<br /><br />Sean<br /><br /><br />
The Wiggles Named Australia's Wealthiest<br /><br />Fri Apr 8, 8:05 AM ET<br /> <br />Add to My Yahoo! Entertainment - AP Music<br /><br />SYDNEY, Australia - The Wiggles have sung and danced their way to the top of a list of Australia's wealthiest entertainers, edging out Hollywood heavyweights such as Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe.<br /><br />Photo<br />AP Photo<br /><br /> <br /><br />The four Australian performers topped BRW Magazine's list of Australia's 50 richest performers in 2004 with an estimated gross income of $34.5 million, up from $10.7 million in the previous year.<br /><br />Kidman almost doubled her earnings and was Australia's second richest performer with $30 million, according to the magazine, which hit newsstands Thursday. She was followed by Crowe, who earned an estimated $20 million in 2004.<br /><br />BRW managing editor Tony Featherstone said in an editorial that The Wiggles had topped the chart, which is based on the magazine's estimates of their 2004 gross income, thanks to a great product and marketing.<br /><br />"They got into the market early, they took time to understand their audience, not only children but the parents who pay for everything," he said.<br /><br />AC/DC were in fourth place, with an estimated income of $14 million.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&e=1&u=/ap/people_wiggles

KaGee

Admiral
Re: The Wiggles..

OoooppppS!<br /><br />Was thinkin something else.... carry on!<br /> :cool:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/index2.html <br /><br />There's a big difference between the Wiggles and Nicole Kidman.<br /><br />First off, she is one actress, they are a boy band for PRE-schoolers. If you divide their income amongst them, they would be way down the list.<br /><br />She has aready been on top for 10 years and will likely be around for 10-20 more.<br /><br />This would kindof be like putting Barney and Sesame Street in a list with Morgan Freeman, Eddie Murphy, Shania Twain, and Michelle Pheifer.

dolluper

Captain

The Widdles that's what you do on a golf coarse before you address the golf ball

mattttt25

Commander

you guys don't have little ones, do you? wiggles are the biggest thing since sliced bread. my 2 yr old loves them. i unfortunately know most of their songs. she has wiggles pj's, toys, and plenty of cd's and dvd's. apparently, they are doing something right to be making that type of quid.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm with you mat, my 6 year old likes the wiggles, but fortunately we do not own any of their stuff, we just check out from the library on occasion.

eeboater

Commander

Wow, I have no clue, never heard of em!<br /><br />0 kids in my inventory at the moment.<br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

ee, you gotta get a little one or two in your inventory, then you can bet you will know the Wiggles! They are stupid and ridiculous, (and the lip sync on their TV show is terrible) but they have catchy songs for kids, bright colors, and shallow plots they can understand. My daughter loves them also. Fortunately we are not into getting all the Wiggles paraphinalia, only watch on TV.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Nicole....Love to watch her wiggle.
YOU BETCHA :eek: <br /><br />Thankfully my kids are a little too old for the Wiggles. :rolleyes:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

This thread will make it apperant who has youngsters...Let's yhear it for the big red car, Dorthy, Captian feathersowrds, I could go on but: at least there better than Barney or hevan forbid the Teletubbies... :rolleyes:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

My kids liked the wiggles, but have grown past them. They need some new songs!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

No wiggles here, only Teletubbies and Beebah.<br /><br />Actually she is outgrowing those. She now loves Berstein bears, Shrek, Garfield, and others.<br /><br />She really loves Spiderman, she watches the movie, but gets scared. :D Anything spiderman, show loves, she carried around a spiderman doll for a week.<br /><br />So I guess she marches to a different drum, just like her dad. :D <br /><br />Ken

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

my two kids, just shy of 5 & 7, have been getting into some of the oldies. Tom & Jerry, Popeye, Jettsons, and the Loony Toons cartoons I watched a a kid.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> my two kids, just shy of 5 & 7, have been getting into some of the oldies. Tom & Jerry, Popeye, Jettsons, and the Loony Toons cartoons I watched a a kid.
Love me some Tom and Jerry<br />The Wiggles are todays Barney. I Love You, You Love Me.....Something the kids watch as you stare out the window. :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

4 guys dressed in bright colors singing kiddie songs. The've been at it for 10 or 15 years now. Each one a multi-millionaire. They can't sing, can't dance and can't act - but the little kids luv um. They never stray from their proven routine.<br /><br />It's basically tellytubbies without the costumes.<br /><br />Aldo

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> This thread will make it apperant who has youngsters...Let's yhear it for the big red car, Dorthy, Captian feathersowrds, I could go on but: at least there better than Barney or hevan forbid the Teletubbies... :rolleyes:
AMEN!!!!<br />Dorothy's cool :D

bbalcer

Seaman

You know who they are if you can sing the next line:<br />cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti;<br />mashed bananna, mashed bananna...