The Wall

gonfishn

Commander
I am not sure how many Nam Vets we have here and how many have made the journey to the wall. I am about to take that journey. This will be my third attempt to release the ghosts of my past and see the wall. Before I always turned back and told folks that I had went.<br /><br />Twenty years from now our young warriors of today will also be making that trip to their own wall. To say goodbye to their fallen comrades and wondering why they are standing at the wall and not them.. America should never forget the sacrifices many have made to insure your freedom. Be it here or a name on the wall..Thanks BubbaKat..Because of you and what you said to me during our fishing trip, I am going to finish this final journey..

bubbakat

Captain
Re: The Wall

Finish it this time jeff. The last mission will never be over until you go and touch that big cold wall and then you tell me if and what you felt. There will never be another feeling like you are fixing to experience.<br />And big boy you won't be able to fool me about it.<br />If you need me to visit it with you just tell me and I will arrange it somehow and that is the truth.<br />Good luck my friend :)

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Good luck Jeff with your trip. I hope it does for you what you need it to do. Thanks for doing what you did in that ugly war.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Jeff.<br /><br />Make the journey, but don't expect to put away the ghosts and the demons.<br /><br />Expect renewed love for those who gave their lives on your behalf. I am sure you would have done the same to protect your buddies.<br /><br />History doesn't go away. Not with a visit to a memorial, not with anything.<br /><br />Your history is there. . . to stay. Be proud of what you did and why you did it. Some of us were proud of you then and are proud of you now.<br /><br />To hades with Jane Fonda and John Kerry. You did your duty to your country and what it stands for. What more can we ask?

gaugeguy

Captain

Not a Nam vet, but I have been to The Wall. That is one powerful place, I really can't think of any other place I have been to that is more moving than there.<br /><br />Touch the names of the men that touched your life Jeff, they live on inside of you. You did a great thing over there, think of the names that may have been on that wall if you didn't personally save them. Don't be afraid to shed a few tears Doc.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I was a few years too young to serve but I am<br />grateful to all those who did. I too have visited<br />the memorial and it's something I'll never forget.<br />I'll be with you in spirit Jeff and am here if<br />you need someone to just listen... anytime!<br /><br />as a side note, the replica memorial that travels<br />the country just pulled into Buffalo yesterday<br />followed by a procession of 800 motorcycles.<br />was quite a sight to behold. will be taking the<br />kids to be witness' to this history.<br />best regards,<br />Russ

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Despite what the media and others may say, you guys did win that war. The war was against communisim. We won, and you were part of that victory. Our battle in Vietnam showed to other countries that they would have to fight us, if they choose to go communist.<br /><br />Thanks for your service.<br /><br />Ken

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Many thanks to ALL our vets. Not the least our under appreciated Viet Nam Vets. Thank you!!!

SoulWinner

Commander

We have our very own Wall here in pensacola, it's called The Wall South. I think that local and regional vets of all eras (myself included) donated to the cause because it seems cathartic for the wonder guys that served in Nam. Anyone in the south that wants to visit a nice Viet Nam memorial and think DC is too far away, please come to Pensacola and visit our memorial. It is smaller than the one in DC, but it's swell place, with memorials for WWII, and one for Korea coming soon.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Good plan Jeff, good plan.<br /><br /> It is better to deserve <br /> honors and not have them<br /> than to have them and not<br /> deserve them.<br /><br /> M Twain