The truth (joke)

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
A son asks his father, "What can you tell me about politics? I have to learn about it for school tomorrow." The father thought some and said, "OK, son, the best way I can describe politics is to use an analogy. Let's say that I'm a capitalist because I'm the breadwinner. Your mother will be the government because she controls everything, our maid will be the working class because she works for us, you will be the people because you answer to us, and your baby brother will be the future. Does that help any?" The little boy said, "Well, Dad, I don't know, but I'll think about what you said."<br /><br />EDIT: The rest of the story is cute, but not suitable for a family site. Sorry.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The truth (joke)

"....you will be the people, because you answer to us. . . ."<br /><br />Perfect description of the liberal point of view of government, MBS. <br /><br />Sorry, the rest is not suitable for a family site and I have edited it out.

Twidget

Commander
Re: The truth (joke)

I must have gotten the wrong civics books. I thought the government was supposed to answer to the people. Maybe the son should have been the military, they answer to the civilian government. :)