The truth about Zodiac's PVC Fabric

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwapp420

Cadet
Re: The truth about Zodiac's PVC Fabric

Theres a good chance you might know who I am although I am trying to remain anonymous here. Do you work for a dealer ?

zwapp420

Cadet

Since you're in the business, how about taking another crack at that...

Thanks Tohatsu! When dealing with hundreds of people per week, you mind can get jumbled pretty quickly and mis-haps do happen.

zwapp420

Cadet

Just a little Voir dire... TG, I'll accept your ruling on the matter...and zwapp, please accept my apologies, sometimes us old Dealers get Crabbie...

No worries. I feel your pain daily my friend.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Solution One Maritime in Tampa. We don't do that much with Zodiac Rec, but we do a chunk with MilPro.

nobrainsd

Petty Officer 1st Class

TG,
Your advice may reflect your experience, but I would not agree that it is sound. I have interacted with many inflatable and river raft owners over the years who do not seem to have much difficulty in following directions and making repairs. While I have certainly seen my share of lame repair attempts (particularly by the previous owner of my current vessel), I am a little more charitable even with these individuals. The directions on the cans of the various two part glues are deficient and a lot of people just follow whats on the can. Basic points like two part pvc glue does not stick to old two part pvc glue are not mentioned, there aren't any environmental conditions prescribed and people fail to allow for a full cure even if they get a bond.

I have forwarded the shipstore gluing instructions to a number of boaters who have successfully completed repairs on their boats. It really is not that hard at all to get a good bond. So I think my opinion that you are quick to say trash that boat is sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.