The Price is Right, oooppps

f_inscreenname

Commander
I wasn't home to watch the Price is Right (not that I would anyway) the other day but I sure did hear about it. In the "showcase showdown" one of the grand prizes was .................... A trip to New Orleans and a boat. They pulled the show before it was played on the west coast but most of the country saw it. I am thinking someone will lose there job over that.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The Price is Right, oooppps

So, why is somebody gonna lose their job?

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Chief 101:<br /> So, why is somebody gonna lose their job?
My guess would be because they didn't notice until after they broadcast it on national TV?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

These shows are taped months in advance. I know this cause I was on one. :cool: <br /><br />Not this one, but "The People's Court" and that one was taped 3 months ahead of time in 2001.<br /><br />So they have these shows all lined up to air in an order they want "Months" ahead of time and that one slipped through the cracks and was not pulled before it aired on the west coast.<br />That happens.<br /><br />Bad timing, yea, but worth someone losing their job over, not really. IMO.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

What SBN said...heck, look at how a lot of shows that involved New York scrambled to try to remove scenes of the towers from the shows or titles.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I think its great. they still need boats in new orleans:).<br /> they will most likly allow tourist back in soon in the french quarter area. they always do.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I think someone got tricked into cleanup duty! :D