The Prez is in town.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The Prez is in town.

Had a good talk for sure. Talking about the small business owners like me.<br />Talked about available job training for those "That can't find a job"<br /><br />That is really a cop out for some people cause I see signs everyday for help wanted. :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Sorry for the rant, but it really gets under my skin with these lazy people that would not work in a pie factory.<br /><br />Lot's of good stuff that was interesting to listen to. :)

ehenry

Commander

SBN, I totally agree with you. I know folks that have been laid off for over a year and are still out of work only because the offers they've had (in their field) weren't for the same money or more than they were making!!! It seems to me that if you're out of work SOME money coming in is way better than none. When I was laid off I took a job delivering golf carts with the understanding that if a job in my field came along that I would take it. The pay delivering the carts was just a tad over minimum wage BUT I was atleast putting a check in the bank rather than sitting around pi$$ing and moaning about not havning a job.

18rabbit

Captain

these lazy people that would not work in a pie factory
What is a "lazy" person?<br /><br />SNB - if yu get a chance, give the Prez a kiss from all of us here. :D

JB

New job growth figures on CNBC this morning.<br /><br />521,000 new jobs created in the first quarter.<br /><br />Poor Kerry! What's he gonna do now? Complain that GW isn't religious enough?? HAAhahahaha! :)

18rabbit

Captain

700,000 new jobs since last fall.<br />The market liked it...and no one seems to cares about Greenspan, so even I like it, too. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by 18rabbit:<br />
these lazy people that would not work in a pie factory
What is a "lazy" person?<br /><br />SNB - if yu get a chance, give the Prez a kiss from all of us here. :D
18rabbit, at least get my name right, ok?<br />I will say it real slow, it's SSSSSSSS, BBBBBBBBB, NNNNNNNN, not SNB. Thanks. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Oh and BTW, a "Lazy person" is one that is able to work but will not and want to be on food stamps and unemployment so I can pay for them.<br /><br />If you able to work, you should work, don't matter if it is at Mickey D's or where, as long as your working.<br /><br />You making 18 bucks an hour and lose your job, go find another job, don't stand in the un-employment line waiting to sign up just because you can't find another 18 bucks an hour job.<br /><br />I know, that un employment check looks soooooo good, especially when you don't have to do anything for it but sit back and watch the mail box, that is a "Lazy Person" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Carphunter

Commander

SBN :confused: ,..........I always thought it was E.....................SPN. :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />SBN :confused: ,..........I always thought it was E.....................SPN. :p
Yea, but I can look over you Carpy. :D

Carphunter

Commander

Yea, but I can look over you Carpy
At least you didn't say Crapy. :D <br /><br />BTW, I agree 100%.<br /><br />I'm not kiddin, the other day, I saw this fella holding a sign that said, "Will work for food", and less than 50 feet from him was a Wendy's that said "Help wanted" on the sign!!!! :mad: <br /><br />He needed a sign alright. ;) <br /><br />To good to work at Wendy's, but not to good to hold up a sign. :confused: <br /><br />No sympathy from me.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yer darn right BNS.. Ooopsy... I mean snotty gizzard pants.... :p :p :p :p :p

18rabbit

Captain

Sorry, SSSSSSSS, BBBBBBBBB, NNNNNNNN. I'll add that to my spell checker...<br /><br />"S" "S" "S" "S" "S" "S" "S" "S" "," "B" "B" "B" "B" "B" "B" "B" "B" "," "N" "N" "N" "N" "N" "N" "N" "N".<br /><br />Got it! :D :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea Carpy, I see them all the time and tell them to get a job and they won't have to stand out and hold a sign, but if that is what they want to do, there is a pizza place here that hires sign dancers and it might be right up his alley.<br /><br />Hey, they might look goofy dancing around holding a sign, but at least they are working. :cool: