The Prez is coming to Chill Twn

gonfishn

Commander
Yep...Us ridgerunners here will get to see him in the flesh or shall I say they will on the 10th..I plan on going fishn that day..Our Population is 75,000 at Chill(Chillicothe)Twn Ohio..<br /><br />Can ya imagine the security that us hill folk will have to put up with..Their security will stick out like a sore thumb..Them in suits and usems in bibs..<br />They in shinny cars and we hill folks following in rust eatn pickem up trucks..Instead of neatly trimmed yards they may see a frig on a porch or if they go to our better areas an old beat up car may be sittn in the front yard.. <br /><br />Only one main drag going through Chill Twn and they will have ta go by my store..Fishn or seeing the prez...hmmm..Still am going fishn..

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Prez is coming to Chill Twn

he came to the town I was working in a couple off weeks ago helicopters all over the place I had to drive down the main drag and I felt like I should be throwing candy all the people on the street amazes me that hundreds of people will stand on the road to watch a limo drive by

Kenneth Brown

Captain

If hes coming on the 10th a detail is already in your area. A freind of mine works at the TSTC campus where he flys into when he goes to Crawford. He was able to get me in to work on the security force whenever the Prez came in. I took it as an honor to be able to do so. I got this little card that is a security pass, its only good for that one day just like all of the others are, that has "Presidential Support" on it. Its all extremely neat. The EOD guys look just like you would think they do, long black trenches, black sock caps, and a dog. All of the higher-ups where special pins. Each one means something different. Pay attention and you will see them. For once I say forget fishing, go see the MAN.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea he will be back here on that Saturday in Huntington, Wv.<br /><br />Seen him last time and will maybe go see him again.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Shucks, all we got to see last Friday night was the Kerryvan. oooooh how exciting. All I wanted to do was laugh...<br /><br />Saw on the news that Edwards was in your town Gonfishn. His speech just about made me throw up. How can they con people into thinking the present adminisration is so bad. I know I'm not standing in no soup line. As a matter of fact I've had opportunities to switch jobs several times. <br /><br />If it is bad now, then I'll vote bad cause I don't want worse later!

aspeck

Staff member

Goin' to see the man tomorrow in Johnstown! Just got the tickets last night. Littlest aspeck (3 years old in another week) came to the bedroom this morning and asked if this was the day we were going to see her favorite president! Wife and I looked at each other and busted up laughing.

gonfishn

Commander

The Dumbest thing the speaker said before Air-Edwards was that our taxpaying dollars pay for all of GWs and Chenys health care and did they want that,,Now I am not the smartest person in the world ...But does this not hold true if a Democrat was Prez..<br /><br />So what I am hearing is that Kerry is going to pay for his own health care and that of the vice..I doubt it..The prez is going to be here Friday..<br /><br />Being a member of The Chamber Of Commerce here I got a ticket to see if I want....I am still pondering Fishn or seeing the Prez.. <br /><br />I will say this, us ridgerunners are gettn some attention here..First Edwards and the Prez..Think maybe they heard that I have never voted and am Voting for the 1st time here at a ripe age of....n/m..Some say next to dirt I am young.. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Wow, what a day! Just had to write to all of you tonight to let you know about our day today. We had the opportunity to go to Johnstown to see President Bush! It all started on Monday when our phone rang and it was the Republican Headquarters asking if we wanted to see President Bush! Of course we did!<br /><br />On Tuesday we were able to pick up tickets and today at Noon "she who must be obeyed", the littlest aspeck, a couple of friends, and I left for Johnstown.<br /><br />We arrived at the Johnstown War Memorial around 1:30, just as the doors were opening and we were in a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g line. There were a few protesters there, but I sure would not have wanted that group to represent me! Misspelled signs, dirty, one sign said, "We may be "donkeys", but we can run the (scribbled out letters) country." They were not very impressive representatives for the "other side."<br /><br />After standing in line for a little over an hour we finally made it to the door. We were now in! Unfortunately our seats were what seemed to be a mile away from the podium. But we had a good view, so we were content and we waited patiently.<br /><br />About 15 or 20 minutes before the President was to enter a girl came up to us and asked us to move to the front - they needed some seats filled in! We ran! But the seats were taken, so we ended up on the floor of the area, right where the President would enter and exit the building. We were also directly behind him, so the camera was on us most of the time, with the littlest aspeck getting in several of the TV shots when she was on top of Daddy's shoulders.<br /><br />The speech was terrific and there was excitement in the air. But the best part was as our President was leaving. He shook our friends hands and then made his way toward the littlest aspeck. When he saw her, his eyes lit up. It was so cool, you knew he was determined to shake her hand, even though we were 4 people back from the rail. With her on Daddy's shoulders, Daddy leaned as far forward as he could and the littlest aspeck reached out to take the hand of President Bush! Since Tuesday Morning the littlest aspeck (who will be 3 on Tuesday) has been excited about seeing President Bush, and now she is even more excited!<br /><br />I am sure that today is a day we will not soon forget. There are ticket stubs to go into the littlest aspeck's "baby book", pictures, and videos to help us all remember September 9, 2004.<br /><br />It is amazing the lengths we will go to meet our President, and how excited we are when he touches someone we know, or especially when he touches us. How much more we should be hungering to reach out to our heavenly Father and to remember those times that He has touched us ... to wait in line for Him, and to run to the front to get close to Him. We have access to Him everyday!<br /><br />Yes, it was an exciting day, but then, everyday with Jesus is an exciting day!<br /><br />Just had to share this with you all! Have packing to do and much more to get ready before vacation tomorrow, but we couldn't let this go.