the preist and the politician

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
A priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish. A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner. He was delayed so the priest decided to say his own few words while they waited.<br /><br />"I got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when stopped by the police, had almost murdered the officer.<br /><br />He had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his place of business, had an affair with his boss's wife, taken illegal drugs, I was appalled. But as the days went on I knew that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full good and loving people.".. .<br /><br />Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of<br />apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and give his talk. "I'll never forget the first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honor of being the first one to go to him in confession."<br /><br />Moral of the story: DON'T EVER BE LATE :D :D

aspeck

Staff member
Re: the preist and the politician

OOOPS!<br /><br />Good one!

Twidget

Commander
Re: the preist and the politician

I thought Clinton is Baptist? ;) :D