The peepers are out !!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
The ground was still froze solid last Thursday, but thawing quickly I guess.<br /><br />The ground has thawed enough for the little peeper frogs to crawl out of their mud holes. A few started peeping tonight.<br />The woods will sound like a symphony of trumpets in a couple days.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: The peepers are out !!

I remember driving thru Omro when I was a teen and the road was covered with frogs. Couldn't help but run over dozens of them and other drivers couldn't either. Squished frogs everywhere! Like driving on grease. :eek: <br /><br />Yesterday I looked down and saw a Leopard frog. He didn't seem terribly concerned about gettting out of the way. Must've been a bit sleepy yet.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

With the windows open it sounds a bit like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir accompanied by the New York Philharmonic - dang - I love spring :D :D

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Always look forward to the peepers chorus myself. They've been singing away here in morning and evening for about a week now. :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

So are the dam* flies. Let dinner be served to the frogs.

gaugeguy

Captain

The "peepers" are out...warm weather brings all the perverts outside. :p <br /><br />They haven't started to sing here yet, should be anyday though.