The patient recovered!

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks to the help I got on this board I installed the fuel water separator and there were no leaks,drips or errors. I finally got the boat out yesterday and it ran strong. The only thing that concerns me is the water pressure reading. I have a 1980 85hp Rude that only shows 10-12 psi WOT. I did a search here and it seems that a V-4's low pressure is common. The impeller hasn't been changed yet and when I do will my pressure go up. My mechanic says the pressure should be at least 15 psi.

D

DJ

Re: The patient recovered!

Dutch,<br /><br />Change it, or the patient may "seize up" on you.

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your absolutely right djohns19 and that is what I will do. While I've dropped the lower unit should I rebuild the water pump as well? I want to do this right the first time so I won't have to think about this for at least another couple of years with luck. Your advise is much appreciated.<br /><br />Dutch

D

DJ

Dutch,<br /><br />Buy the kit. It will come with all the seals, gaskets, impeller, new wear plate and housing.<br /><br />It will give you "piece of mind".

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll order one tomorrow. Then my dad and I will pull out the manual and start to working toward that piece of mind. It's a great feeling to have about your boat. Thanks.<br /><br />Dutch