The Nerv of Some People.....UPDATE

ehenry

Commander
In the town where we live they have a flea market twice a year. It brings lots of people to town. <br /><br />My son and his church group park cars in the parking lot at the church for a nominal fee to raise money for their youth trips. When the lot gets full they have to turn people away. There are a couple areas where you could park a car but they can't because of a funeral home next door to the church. People can't understand why they can't park there when the kids tell them they can't and they swear at the kids and call them names.<br /><br />To make a long story short my boy just called me and asked me "Daddy, what can I say to a woman that calls me an A_ _ HOLE?" I told him just smile and tell them to have a nice day or tell them to go ahead a park in the no parking zone at the funeral home and let the funeral home have their car towed off. <br /><br />He said he's had 3 women call him names this morning and that was before 8:30.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: The Nerv of Some People.....UPDATE

That's the shoot the messenger attitude! Tell you son to keep up the good work.<br /><br />Bob

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The correct response in a Church parking area is, "And bless you, too, sister." delivered with a smile.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> The correct response in a Church parking area is, "And bless you, too, sister." delivered with a smile.
Rightly said!<br />
<br />Prov 15:1<br />A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (NKJ)<br />

dolluper

Captain

That spots reserved for the undertakers their out right now digging up business

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Right, if you respond in kind they feel justified in their assessment of you, but a kind response puts their rudeness in sharp relief.<br /><br />Much as you would like to say something like, "I'm surprised that a person of your obvious intelligence would think a decision like that would be left up to me."<br /><br />Or maybe, "that's [sniff] just what my [sniff] mother used to call me before [sniff] she passed on. [sniff]"<br /><br />Or maybe even, "that's premium parking, $20 plus towing."<br /><br />'course saying something like that would just prove 'em right.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Would have let them park............then called the tow company and put them on stand by. ;) <br /><br />Some people have no class.

NYMINUTE

Captain

They hate it when you smile and the nice day bit. Love seeing them seeth.

SoulWinner

Commander

They should have a couple of tow trucks standing by. BTW, JB, that is a GREAT responce; I just wish better at using that kind of responce.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Too late, Quietcat. It's already in place, only the shuttle is called a "tow truck", and the remote lot is called an "impound yard". And believe me, it REALLY jacks up the price.

ehenry

Commander

After Kyle did his time parking cars he went up to the square to walk around the flea market. He found a wallet with a cell phone attached to it. He scooped it up and took it to the lost and found booth. LOW AND BEHOLD who do you suppose it belonged to?????? You got it...one of the women that wasn't very nice to him. She was standing there when he came up with it. You know she didnt even say thankyou or anything to him....she just took her stuff and walked away but not before she looked in her wallet to see if all her money was still there....which was cause the cop at the lost and found asked her.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I see a business opportunity. They should jack the price up when it gets full and shuttle cars to some other remote lot. Is that possible?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Those rude people are the ones that drive around in the Wally Mart parking lot for a half hour just to get a close spot to the door.<br /><br />I've always learned that a compliment goes further than a complaint. Besides getting PO'd and mad all the time makes and shows your age real fast. Maybe thats why there is so many young old looking women out there.

ehenry

Commander

QuietCat, I believe it would be way too much of a liability issue for the church. Besides, would you want a bunch of 17 year olds shuttling your car from one lot to another??

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Just remember that these rude people lead miserable lives.<br /><br />Ken

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Just remember that these rude people lead miserable lives.
Yep - what you put out to the world, tends to come back - with interest on top :D

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe I would reply w/ a "I'm not sure, but you can go ask in the Funeral home". That way your son is no longer in the loop, & they shouldn't be angry w/ your son. Joe

D

DJ

"Class" does not come with money, nor does intellegence. This societynis losing its "class" at an alarming rate.<br /><br />Tell the son it's OK to feel superior when he does not stoop to their vulgar level (as JB suggests). I know that's not what he hears in school, but not everything learned there is correct either. Especially today with the dumbing down and the coddling of the lowest common denominator.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Kinda odd that your town is a flea market town. Canton Texas is a well known flea market town also. People travel several hundred miles to go to it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Dang, I ALWAYS forget about liability . . .<br /><br />Rest easy, the boat is insured. ;)