The girl from the South

Kenneth Brown

Captain
A girl from the South and a girl from the North were seated<br />side by side on a plane. The girl from the South, being friendly and<br />all, said, "So, where ya from?"<br /><br />The Northern girl said, "From a place where they know better than to<br />use a preposition at the end of a sentence."<br /><br />The girl from the South sat quietly for a few moments and then<br /><br />replied, "So, where ya from, bit**?

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer
Re: The girl from the South

And the girl from the North said "I am not a member of your family".

Realgun

Commander

Ouch Nothern girls are known for warmth what are southern girls know for?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

LOL at Vlad the Impeller, I mean your name, "Vlad the Impeller", great name, I love it! :D :D

ehenry

Commander

RealGun, Girls from the south are known for their genteel ways, hospitality, friendliness, beauty, their accent, quick wit, intellegence, cooking, ability to handle themselves in most any situation........The list could go on but I'll stop here and let someone else add to it.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I think he is referring to the "Act of aggression" by the Northern forces.

gaugeguy

Captain

:D Girls from the south, girls from the north...doesn't matter to me, they are just good ole American girls. Best looking women in the world.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> RealGun, Girls from the south are known for their genteel ways, hospitality, friendliness, beauty, their accent, quick wit, intellegence, cooking, ability to handle themselves in most any situation........The list could go on but I'll stop here and let someone else add to it.
You said what everyone knows but some are too chicken sh*t to admit ;) <br /><br />Hey jtx, i see that we are neighbours :cool: <br />Thanks for the compliment :)

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Maybe the southern girl should have retorted "In the South we know better than to begin a sentence with a preposition, but we aren't so pretentious about it all. We are also taught to be courteous."<br /><br /><br />-dd-

LadyFish

Admiral

I have officially lived 3 years longer in the south than in the north where I was born.<br /><br />I hope to have retained only the good qualities of a northern girl and acquired some more good qualities from these southern gals.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> Maybe the southern girl should have retorted "In the South we know better than to begin a sentence with a preposition, but we aren't so pretentious about it all. We are also taught to be courteous."<br /><br /><br />-dd-
That sentence begins with a preposition. ;)

dhammann

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes "one-more-cast" but with southern gals you don't have to travel as far.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />
Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> Maybe the southern girl should have retorted "In the South we know better than to begin a sentence with a preposition, but we aren't so pretentious about it all. We are also taught to be courteous."<br /><br /><br />-dd-
That sentence begins with a preposition. ;)
Hey, whose side ya on? But dang it, you got me. I'd only had nine cups of coffee when I composed that jewel. How about:<br /><br />"In the South we are taught to be courteous."<br /><br />Actually, I think was just wanting to whoop up on northerners so badly I just imagined that rule. Obviously, a sentence can begin with a preposition. But one thing holds true---folks in the south are generally taught not to be so damned prickly (although I wish more southerners would stop trying to be "redneck," it's every bit as unbecoming).