the fourm just don't work right for me.

ziggy

Admiral
i get error messages all the time. just now i was commenting on a thread, had a bunch wrote down, and poof, i was no longer signed in and everything i wrote was lost. good thing it's done it to me so many times i've learned to copy what i'm writing w/hopes of being able to paste it back in after i'm booted, and then re log in.
don't know what to do about it. it's more of a fyi. the fourm, for me, hasn't worked proper for me since that last update.
i love your forum, just wish it wouldn't do that to me.

Fun Times

Staff member
Sorry the new software is giving you Ziggy and everybody else so much trouble. The hosts of iboats wishes it would be working normal once again but unfortunately they are at the mercy of another company that's supposed to be helping iboats along.Everyday seems to be a new challenge and this week is no different as I've seen a few new issues pop up that I've never noticed before. It appears like another update is soon to be released so it could help or cause another new challenge.....time will tell I guess. Please try to hang in there.

Ziggy, have you tried going back to the topic you were in and at the top of where it says "write something" you might see highlighted in yellow (Previously entered content was automatically saved (Restore or Discard.). If so, click on restore and most everything you have typed may reappear. Good luck.:)

Auto Subscribe and Email Notifications
Just received an update on these improvements from vBulletin.

Approved on 5.1.4 a7r2.
Meaning they will have these features in the 5.1.4 update!

ziggy

Admiral
i'll work around any issues. this forum is the best and worth going through a few troubled times imho.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ziggy - Since you are getting logged out, make sure to check "Remember Me" when you log back in. I don't know the "live" time between activity, but if you're writing a longish message, you can be logged out. Remember Me disables the "live" timer.

Hope this helps.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Forum worked great on my iPad, but after the update it's not so good. Now that Apple came out with iOS8 there is probably no hope for it. In its defense it screwed up the iPad forum with the iOS8 update also.