The final straw.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: The final straw.

I keep telling ya'll it has nothing to do with the WAR. It has everything to do with ideological power. And them's that don't have it right now would sell their mother's soul to get it. (which, is of course, what they have been doing)<br /><br />Therefore you could show that Saddam Hussein was about to throw the switch, to launch a nuclear attack from his spider hole, and the left would find some way to deny it or ignore it. These news items just don't matter. It is no different than the concept of trying to talk peace with Al Qaeda.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. The question with all this is, where do we take our first bite?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

great article Pointer! love this excerpt:<br />"Politicians playing diversionary, self-flagellating games ..."

Link

Rear Admiral

My wife just hates "rightwing/conservative talk radio" But then she would also hate "Leftwing" radio also. If they were honest and say "I'm Leftwing" But they hide as being reporters and she just doesn't see this. Oh well <br /><br />And I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I JUST HAVE TO take a break from it and I just feel better being ignorant for awhile.<br /><br />But she does admit, it's a little strange that I know about whats going on weeks before her or any of her friends hear a word about it in the main stream news. Sometimes months.<br /><br />Awhile back she hired a guy to take her place at work when she goes (active Navy). A couple months ago there was some "Breaking News" on CNN, ABC MSNBC etc. The guy she hired said it was old news, but just not reported by main stream news and gave her the details. She told him "STOP" don't say another word and called me. Put her phone on speaker and asked me what I thought about the "Breaking News" I told her I didn't have a TV on or radio. So she told me the breaking news and I told her it was months old. :D :D and gave her my take on it and it matched his! <br />Good post and links..

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Excellent article Pointer. Thanks for the link. BTW: to all of you out there. When you encounter great links like the above, please post them on any and every forum that you can (I do, and that is why I thank the posters). We cannot rely on the mainstream media to keep us informed with facts, so it becomes our duty to spread this information ourselves via the web.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

As a Canadian and an outsider from the American perspective, I don't know if the 9/11 attacks could have been prevented.<br /><br />V. Putin's warnings are being taken out of context. Isn't every powere in the world warning everyone else about some impending disaster?<br /><br />I don't think it is feasible to plan for every type of disaster, natural or otherwise.<br /><br />Now I'm not saying that I condone the attacks nor am I saying that there is nothing that can be done. As with everything hind site is 20/20.<br /><br />I think the U.S. has been lucky or perceived as very powereful and has not been attacked in 2 generations.<br /><br />All I can say is that as a Canadian, I am thankful for the existence of the U.S. and all Americans can at least count on the support of one Canadian to prevent any other attacks on the U.S. or otherwise (namely Canada).<br /><br />Tx.<br /><br />Joe

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The following is a C&P from my uncle who has been working in Baghdad until recently:<br /><br />Yesterday, I had a nice trip around Kuwait City and visited a couple shopping malls which were nothing less than great. Took time to have a cold coffee at a Starbuck's and watch the local lady traffic. Not all the people in this country are strict to the religion guidelines and it was an enjoyable couple hours. You can buy anything here you want and the prices seem to be equal or a little less than the states on most items. <br /><br />I believe the war is about who is going to get the prime endcap in a strip shopping center. Since I haven't figured out how to insert a smiley face, this will have to do: :>)