The Curse...a new theory

gaugeguy

Captain
All Sox and Yank fans know about the "Curse of the Bambino" and I think I have come up with something...<br /><br /> Babe Ruth <br />Johnny Bench :mad: <br /> Bucky Dent :mad: <br /> Billy Buckner :mad: :mad: <br />Aaron Boone :mad: <br /><br />All guys that have stuck knives in the hearts of Sox fans during WS or ALCS's.<br /><br />Tonight...Kevin Brown<br /><br />And if by chance we make it through and face Houston, they are loaded with B's

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The Curse...a new theory

I'm a yankee fan, but admit it would be cool for you guys if the year you took it all since 1918 you also won the first ever CS where a team was down 0-3 and came back. May the best team win.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Bagwell, Biggio, Beltran, Berkman, Backe.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

Remember the killer B's in Miami (Dolphins) sooner or later they die. Try this B Bye George.

Carphunter

Commander

Nobody will be facing Houston............it will be the Cardinals. ;) <br /><br />Thank you, .......you may continue now. :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> after sox/yanks who cares...
zactly ;) Biggest game in baseball history tonight at 8:19 ET, can't get any bigger.

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />
Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> after sox/yanks who cares...
Biggest game in baseball history tonight at 8:19 ET, can't get any bigger.
Hmm...to me it seems it's only the biggest game if the Sox win. ;) It is sort of funny because I don't even like baseball at all, much less really care about the Yanks or Sox, but I ended up watching most all of that game last night anyway. There is definitely something about this series, and I suppose I might even watch a bit tonight. :cool:

Carphunter

Commander

Yeah, who really cares,........especially when there's a bunch of bucks runnin around that need to be whacked. :p <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />(BTW, I'll be watchin too, and rootin for the sox). ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Carp, I am headed to the woods after work...even if I stick one, I'll be back home to watch the game (sunset 5:57). I'll head back into the woods after the game to drag him out if I have to :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

just gut/hang him high first GG...<br />kinda like what yanks r gonna do to sox tonight?<br /><br />in all seriousness, I am glad we r facing off.<br />sure makes for great baseball eh?<br /><br />A-rod shoulda bulldozed him instead of the girlie<br />slap he did (a'la peete rose)

gaugeguy

Captain

Would have been perfectly legal if he dropped a shoulder into Arroyo :rolleyes: <br /><br />The only thing that stinks about this series is that the games start after 8. My boys can't watch the games and I have brainwashed them already to be rabid Sox fans. The first question they ask me in the morning is "did they win", and then have to give them a pitch by pitch breakdown of the game while they eat breakfast.<br /><br />I can remember being in the same boat they are in during the 75 series (I missed the famous Carlton Fisk homer :( ) and I still haven't forgiven my parents. The difference is my folks weren't sports fans then so they couldn't give me the breakdown of the game. Hopefully my boys won't be too rough on me when they get older ;)

thekingrancher

Seaman Apprentice

i am a huge yankees fan, but after they played the way they did last night, they deserve to lose!

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

gaugeguy,<br /><br />Must have had some pretty long breakfast's this week!!! :p :p

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks to Fox most people don't even realize that the NLCS is being played, let alone that it's been a great series so far.<br /><br />It will be that much sweeter when the 'stros take the WS from whoever wins tonight. <br /><br />I'm a Yank fan second to the 'stros but last night the Sox wanted it way more than George's bunch.