The British and Dutch get it

SoulWinner

Commander
Well, the UK and the Dutch have begun using profiling and deportation in their fight to protect themselves against terrorists. Meanwhile the US is still under the constraints left by the Clinton administration that prohibit us from doing the same thing. The Dem's will not be satisfied until we are attacked with nukes and ultimately lose the war on terror. Nice going guys. While Palosi, Kennedy, Boxer, Fienstien, et al are whining about Gitmo, conferring civil rights upon enemy combatants and Abu Graib, the Dutch and the UK now leading the fight to defeat domestic terrorism. Wow, who would'a thunk it? And lest you think this is strictly an anti lib troll, no one in Repub party seems to think that protecting our borders is important as well. Folks, if we want to protect America, I guess it's up to us.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: The British and Dutch get it

I'll never understand the argument that big biz wants illegals. If they all couldn't get the cheapest labor, then all of their product pricing would go up and all of them would be quickly back to even with a slightly higher priced product. Seems like it would just naturally straighten itself out pretty quickly. Plus that cash would most likely stay in the US. What am I missing? :confused:

D

DJ

There are two issues here.<br /><br />1. There are illegals coming across that want to work. Allowing them to do so, legally, would be a good thing. Big biz does not want them. They are mostly unskilled.<br /><br />2. Terrorists, and others of that ilk, are coming across the same borders.<br /><br />We need to control the borders so that we at least know who is here and where they are.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Out of curiosity, what constraints are you talking about(I really don't know), and why are you harping on Clinton when your boy, who has had complete control of congress and the senate for 5 years, is doing his best to make sure the borders stay open? It's one thing sit by and do nothing, it's entirely another to work against the interest of safe borders, which is what he is doing.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> And lest you think this is strictly an anti lib troll
Now why would anybody think that?

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> no one in Repub party seems to think that protecting our borders is important as well.
My party seems to be doing it's damndest to make sure I have no reason to vote for them anymore. New Hampshire "Republicans" are a bunch of pro abortion, big spenders who are doing NOTHING to protect this country's borders. :( :( :( <br /><br />I'd even vote for a Democrat for president if there was one who was pro life and would close our open borders. Of course, what are the odds of that happening.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> There are two issues here.<br /><br />1. There are illegals coming across that want to work. Allowing them to do so, legally, would be a good thing. Big biz does not want them. They are mostly unskilled.<br /><br />2. Terrorists, and others of that ilk, are coming across the same borders.<br /><br />We need to control the borders so that we at least know who is here and where they are.
I agree

SoulWinner

Commander

mrbscott,<br /><br />The constraints that prohibit profiling are leftovers from the Clinton era that Bush can't touch because that would be un-PC, not to mention the libs in the senate would never let that happen. That is why little old ladies and children are searched at the airports and middle eastern men are not. I know it sounds insane, but it is the liberal way.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I know all common sense says to use profiling, and I agree it should be done. But also dont forget, there are non-arab islamic terrorists too. We might miss someone if we concentrate on only one race.<br /><br />Ken

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Folks, one of the rangers at the course also works as a security screener for the TSA at Port Columbus. I asked him about the "granny being pulled out of line" situation and he laughed. He then told me that the TSA has nothing to do with random searches, that's a policy of the airlines. Just so y'all know.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> mrbscott,<br /><br />The constraints that prohibit profiling are leftovers from the Clinton era that Bush can't touch because that would be un-PC, not to mention the libs in the senate would never let that happen.
Umm... since when is the Bush adminisration constrained by what is or isn't "PC"? That is definitely not W's style! <br /><br />And last I checked, there weren't enough libs left in the senate to stop anything. Remember all that fuss about filibusters and judicial nominees? <br /><br />If George were stopped by a fear of not seeming PC we'd be in a pretty different place in history right now, and wouldn't a bunch of red staters be pretty disappointed in him?