The American Version - As Requested

Tinker er

Cadet
I was asked to do this at http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010544 <br /><br />Commander <br />Member # 21423 <br /><br /> posted 17-08-2005 08:27 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br />Tinker er,<br />Would like to applaud your web site and ask that you duplicate it exchanging United States of America for Australia....Thank you in advance. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Like he said ...<br /><br /><br /> http://www.proudofwhoweare.com/ <br /><br />I don't feel right doing it for another country because I don't have the same feeling or knowledge that I do about my own country. <br /><br />Here's my attempt to put myself in American shoes on the same stuff.<br /><br />If people don't like it, just post and I'll kill the site.<br /><br />I apologise if I've offended anyone, but I did it with the best of intentions.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: The American Version - As Requested

Spot on Tinkerer, thanks. If anyone is offended they deserve it. The stated issues are ones that are too easily ignored, even by our own home grown detractors.<br /><br />If I could make a suggestion, on your second to the last page, add a picture of the jet flying into the World Trade Center and place the text beside it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Very nice site, thanks for your hard work.<br /><br />Ken

treedancer

Commander

Sorry fellows this Marine couldn’t click on that flag.

Tinker er

Cadet

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Spot on Tinkerer, thanks. If anyone is offended they deserve it. The stated issues are ones that are too easily ignored, even by our own home grown detractors.<br /><br />If I could make a suggestion, on your second to the last page, add a picture of the jet flying into the World Trade Center and place the text beside it.
Boomy, old mate, why is it that a conservative like you and a liberal like me keep agreeing on stuff? Maybe you're a closet liberal? :D :D :D <br />Or maybe I'm a closet conservative, which is possible if you saw what I have in my closet. If you ever get over here, we'll have a beer or twenty and at least agree that that we're liberal on grog.<br /><br />The first version of the page you suggested I amend had a picture of the second plane flying into the second tower behind the burning first tower. I ditched it because, for reasons I can't properly explain, it seemed disrespectful to the people who died to use the image on that page of the site. I know that seems silly when I've used an image of a soldiers' cemetery on another page but the cemetery image seemed appropriate on its page and the 9/11 one didn't on its page. So I stuck with words for 9/11. But if people would prefer the 9/11 picture I'll put it in.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Tink, your point is well taken, although images of the collapsing Towers have virtually disappeared from our airways, compliments of our Liberal Media. The theory is that continuing the display of same would keep public support for this 'war on terror' at high levels. As American Liberals disdain the American Military and all that it does, this would never do. There is however, as you noted, a time and place for those images.<br /><br />As for the contents of your closet, they wouldn't be described by a three letter word, in the singular, would they?? ;)

one more cast

Captain

After reading the replys I decided to click on it. Treedancer, its ok to click it. It just sends a message.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Tinker er:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />[...] it seemed disrespectful to the people who died to use the image on that page of the site. I know that seems silly when I've used an image of a soldiers' cemetery on another page but the cemetery image seemed appropriate on its page and the 9/11 one didn't on its page. So I stuck with words for 9/11. But if people would prefer the 9/11 picture I'll put it in.
Tink, I think that is a fabulous website! I couldn't agree with you more. I, personally agree with boomy... Put the pic of the plane on there. I think Americans are forgetting what happened... it needs to be said.<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />Ps. Mind if I forward it? I don't want to kill you with bandwidth charges.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Tink, OUTSTANDING job mate! Many thanks. As for the Twin Towers Image, I would have used it. It happened and needs NEVER be forgotten. If yer ever on this side of the globe look me up, I have a cold case of brew with your name on it. Thanks again.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tink, as an American that lost a brother that day in tower2, I would like to see the towers put up there.<br />We must never forget and I never will.<br />I still don't and never will have anything for the ragheads.<br />'nuff said.

Tinker er

Cadet

SBN<br /><br />Sorry about your brother. If you're happy with a picture of 9/11 then others should be, which seems to be the case from the other replies, so I've put one in.<br /><br />It's fine with me if people forward the link to anyone they like.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tinker er you should ditto that for the UK we have given asylum to some of the most extreme muslim clerics for years giving them benefits houses cars healthcare and even a police guard on the street where they preach there hate of us all .If one good thing came of the London bombings Its the realisation of what we have done we must deport all extremest muslims or interm them .Lets face it MI6 and the police know who most of them are !

Wotknot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tinker er.......YOU DA MAN !!!!!<br /><br />Thanks.... :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ah, now that's better Tink. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Tinker er

Cadet

Originally posted by dave gibson:<br /> Tinker er you should ditto that for the UK we have given asylum to some of the most extreme muslim clerics for years giving them benefits houses cars healthcare and even a police guard on the street where they preach there hate of us all .If one good thing came of the London bombings Its the realisation of what we have done we must deport all extremest muslims or interm them .Lets face it MI6 and the police know who most of them are !
I'll hold fire on the UK one. The US and Aussie ones are going gangbusters. If they continue at the present exponential rate I'm going to be using some very serious bandwidth in a few days.<br /><br />Our government is making noises about thinking about deporting people who, effectively, preach treason. Suits me and everybody I know, and some other Muslims who've made public statements that these people have no place here, but I bet it doesn't happen.<br /><br />One problem is that most of them aren't wanted by any Islamic countries, either, because they'll cause trouble there as they're too extreme by most Muslim standards. Still, we've got some world class immigration detention centres where they could spend the rest of their lives for all anyone else cares. <br /><br />We've got a local ratbag who preaches the usual intolerant anti-West rubbish. He got turned over by our security people a few weeks back, which led to press interviews. He was quoted as saying he and his group prefer to live in Australia because it's easier to practise their "pure form of Islam" here than in Muslim countries. He didn't mention a few other benefits, like the Australian taxpayers supporting him, his wife (or maybe wives) and their litter through social security payments. Apparently slagging Australia is a full time occupation which prevents him working in a real job. Talk about biting the hand that feeds him!

treedancer

Commander

Tink send the ratbag to gitmo we have a cage just his size.<br /> You might have to keep the wives there dont believe we have coed cages.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Tink,<br /> Ya can tell the ratbag the US will make sure his new accommodations include a soap box to preach from and a captive audience that will appreciate holy ramblings.