The 1165th is Home!

Stratosfied

Ensign
Our local National Guard Unit the 1165th MP based in Fairhope AL, has returned to the States after 14 months in Iraq! They are at Ft. Benning now and will return home later this week. Several co-workers and other friends of mine have made it safely home. Just thought that I would share this with you all!! :D

bh357

Chief Petty Officer
Re: The 1165th is Home!

This definately is good news :D :D :D I am really thankful for the job that our troops are doing over there, but it is really nice to hear about troops arriving home safely.

gaugeguy

Captain

Hopefully they ALL came home. That is awesome news. 14 months is quite a tour.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Yes I will tell them about your very kind words and your respect for them. On a somber note, one member was killed in duty and two others were injured and had to be sent stateside. The two who were injured reunited with the unit @ Ft. Benning. There was a pic on the front page of the Mobile AL paper yesterday with a soldier holding his 7 month old daughter for the first time. From what I saw, the baby looked like she knew that Daddy was holding her! :) <br /><br />Thank God Almighty for those who serve and have served!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Wonderful news! Give them a Big thank you for me!<br />Bassy

soce009

Seaman

Welcome home!!!!! a BIG THANK YOU to all for defending our way life. :D

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class

WELCOME HOME,and a VERY BIG "THANK YOU" for a job well done. thanks again.