Thanks

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
I have been frequenting this sight for the better part of 7 months and I have to say that now that I have a project boat to work on I have never gone into a project with as much confidence as I have now.<br /><br />I am completing my tasks in the set time frames and completing them with the flair that I would expect from a professional. (Not tooting my own horn, tooting everyones! :) ) All aspects from new installations to equipment selection, to engine repair, upholstry, trailer setup, glass work, hatches, etc. As it is always more difficult to drill into your own boat for some reason, I am tackleing each job with fluid efficiency, and doing it right the first time.<br /><br />As creating a boat that is suited to your individual needs is an expression of the owner, I feel like I am well on my way to making what I have always dreamed I would have. And this knowledge has enabled me to assist others who are in the same process. ;) <br /><br />Thank you to everyone for making my boat and boating experience the best it can be. I starts with confidence and that stems from knowledge. As a closet perfectionist/slob the thought of even one misdrilled hole or not having a feature I feel important tends to weigh on me. Hesitation and ignorance are the greatest handicaps and this board has instilled the knowledge that if you can think of it, it probably can be done in the driveway.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing!!!!! :) <br /><br />Special thanks to:<br /><br /> Bondo: for his guidance on our cracked engine block.<br /><br />18Rabbit: Batteries and electronics, and sub lighting.<br /><br />ThomWV: Installation Ideas<br /><br />JasonJ: The skankybeast inspiration.<br /><br />Numerous people: Glass work and hull repair<br /><br />Toad and Plywoody: A different way to see things.<br /><br />The moderators: It's a thankless job and you do it very well..<br /><br />The ladies: This isn't just for men.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Thanks

This is a really nice post POINTER and a great way to say thanks. :)

bubbakat

Captain

POINTER94 That was nice and we love you to.<br />I to have picked up a lot of confidence on this board about boats and motors. :cool: :cool:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

As creating a boat that is suited to your individual needs is an expression of the owner, I feel like I am well on my way to making what I have always dreamed I would have.
I sure hope the soon to be Mrs Pointer94 feels the same way. Or in a couple years, you'll be starting all over with a new project boat. :D

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey POINTER,<br />I hope we get to see some pics on the project boats section. <br />I share your sentiments. I now how the boat of my dreams, but I had simple dreams. Got it in shape for this spring thanks to this site. I restored a hull found at local salvage yard. It's got a new (old) outboard, wiring, steering system, control cables, new trolling motor, new fish finder, new seats. All done by me, with the help of a lot of the same folks you mentioned.<br />To think that I found this site because I was trying to figure out how to pull the control lever off. In 15 minutes, this site saved me $127.00. That's what local mechanic wanted to do it.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hooray! Isn't teamwork the best,Pointer? :D <br />Bassy