Thanks to Everyone...

pckkc

Cadet
I posted some questions/concerns about my 1000 SS ,eBay motor last week.. Well,Rodbolt the Arrogant told me it was helpless.Clam was more than willing to fix the low compression providing I ship it to wherever he's stationed at the moment...Jason was the coolest of the Responders,he said a major de-carb would probably help.(This was when Baby Rodbolt told me it was "terminal".-10 p.s.i. on #3) Well,The Mighty 1000 starts in 1 revolution,pushes my 900 pound boat at 35 or 40,idles at 600 rpm and is actually quieter than my old 500 Merc. Thanks to Everyone I have no need to waste any more time in this forum.Good night.

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Thanks to Everyone...

Wow, imagine if Rodbolt had charged him forthe advice.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I read his last post and cant see where rodbolt advised.also clam didnt offer to fix his motor.he said his experience was........Oh what the hell we all have bad days.

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

The members on this forum, specifically those who you've mentioned, provide years of experience and advice for no cost, on their own time, with no reward.<br /><br />Diagnosing a motor over an internet forum is extremely difficult, and requires lots of patience. They are not always correct with their diagnosis, but that does not mean they were not trying to HELP.<br /><br />Why would you consider all of the advice from valued members a "waste" of your time ?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Your refund is in the mail, cheapo.<br /><br />I went back and read your thread.<br /><br />1. Rodbolt did not tell you anything. He didn't post.<br /><br />2. Clams only offered his experience with the 1000. Nothing about doing it for you.<br /><br />Self edit: deleted personal insults.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry you had to waste so much of your time on this forum for free information.I come to this forum every morning and evening to read and possibly learn something. Maybe I should lay on the couch with a six pack of road soda's and bag of chip's with a remote stuck up my butt.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bet he uses a new profile/name when he comes back asking how to solve his next problem; thankfully, as I've observed, he's in the small minority and a bit short on personally too.<br /><br />One thing one must always remember, as I advise my kids right after giving them my advise, it's my best thoughts on the subject but if you choose to follow my advise; you're still responsible for the outcome!

Chucky P

Cadet

You Guys a Great to answer all the question no matter how hard or easy. If it wasn't for you all MY BOAT WOULD'T Be running. I lean new things every day to keep my boat running and how to take care of it . Please keep doing this for us . We need your help !!!!!!!!!! :) THANKs CHUCK

Greg New Zealand

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This guy has been a member for less than a month and it's a shame that he chooses to attack some of our most helpful friends. <br /><br />Hey waycheapwhaler, take a good long lesson in gratitude, respect and friendliness or don't bother using this forum. :(

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Funny.. I've always found Clams and Rodbolt among the most helpful and experienced on iboats...

Clams Canino

Commander

Want some cheese to go with that whine?<br /><br />If I offered to do that 1000, I must have been drinking. :D While the rings are available, pistons are not and this gets messy, particularly if .015 over are needed. Then it become a true treasure hunt worthy of any frat hazing. After looking back at the thread... it seems I said the same thing there as now. <br /><br />And Ed Mc. said "terminal" - not Rodbolt. I happen to agree with him though. And I agree with 99.99 percent of Rodbolt - except for that little matter of dingleberries. :D :D :D <br /><br />Now? Did you do a compression test on #3 after it ran a bit?? I doubt any amount of decarb or running will get a 10psi cylinder back up to snuff. I have no doubt the thing is running pretty good on 5 cylinders, it's still broken. And a 900 pound boat isn't much of a challenge for a Merc 1000. The only question is how *long* it'll hold together if #3 decides to keep coming apart. I don't care what Mick Jagger said, time is *not* on your side.<br /><br />-W<br /><br />PS: FYYFF

EFIS

Seaman Apprentice

Hey whaler<br /><br />Dont knock people who, as the above members have said, always have the best,friendliest and clearest advice. There are lots of us who really appreciate having them and have learnt a lot from them.<br />If you go, all I will miss is miss out on reading your sarcastic replies.<br /><br />Wayne and Rodbolt - please dont let this effect you future replies - i enjoy the experience immensily

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

EFIS<br /><br />The boys will be on here long after we are gone. They are both repairers and have 2 stroke in their veins.. ;)

KCLOST

Commander

whaler,<br /><br />I'll be here when the motor seizes... More than willing to give you my best advice... :rolleyes: