Thanks to Austrailia!

eeboater

Commander
As the 4th approaches I am of course thanking as many vets as I could. But, I thought I would extend a thanks to Austrailia.<br /><br />Now, before you call me whacky, hear me out. Everyone I have met from Austrailia and others who have met them agree that Austrailians are great people and have supported the USA in many of our controversial (not to be debated HERE) decisions. <br /><br />When we went to Iraq, Austrailia had our back. They don't spout off their mouths like some French-speaking countries I know of. And, from what I have heard from some Austrailians, they actually LIKE the USA instead of find sport in picking on every little thing we Americans do. <br /><br />As a country, we put so much effort into bettering the world whilest we just get bashed left and right. It's kind of refreshing that in the back of my mind, I have never heard and news of Austrailia bashing the USA. Because you know our favorite media portals would just love to publish it if it was said.<br /><br />So, thanks Austrailia!<br /><br />Sean

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Thanks to Austrailia!

Ditto.<br /><br />Also NZ. Every time I visited either country during the 50s I was treated like a long lost relative.<br /><br />Thank you, Kiwis and Aussies, for being the sort of people you are.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Yeah, thanks. And I forgive you for sending Steve Irwin to us... :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I wholeheartedly agree EEB. Better friends we could not ask for.<br /><br />
Originally posted by RubberFrog:<br /> Yeah, thanks. And I forgive you for sending Steve Irwin to us... :D
Yeah but didn't Crocodile Dundee balance that out? :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by RubberFrog:<br /> Yeah, thanks. And I forgive you for sending Steve Irwin to us... :D
LOL w/RF<br />Agree with the above posts, except Steves wife is cute so she can stay as long as she wants :) <br />my bad my bad

Trent

Captain

Iv always wanted to go their! I like the way they talk... Course people say they like to here me talk.? They have a clue whats going on. They are/and have been our friends for years. If I had to go into battle Id want them their!!

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

I never met a Aussie I didn't like. And they all have a really cool accent too.<br /><br />Except for letting their govt. pick up their firearms, I never heard anything bad about the country in general either.

Stratosfied

Ensign

A dear friend of the good ol USA is a friend of mine!! I agree with all the above!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ditto ditto for me too.<br /><br />I've been there a number of times and I always say it is the only other place I would live. They are just like Amercians but with a funny accent. I really feel at home there.

Triton II

Commander

Thanks guys... we think you Yanks are kind of cool too. And we forgive you for:<br /><br />Seinfeld<br />Friends<br />ER<br />CSI wherever<br />John McEnroe<br />The Ramones<br />McDonalds<br />Gloria Jeans<br />and not forgetting Krispy Kremes.<br /><br />Seriously, I have spent many a happy time in the USA and enjoy the privilege of having many American friends. I hope you all have a great national holiday on Monday and never forget - there may only be 20 million of us - but we're all happy to be on this little round blue-green planet. (Especially on this side of it.) Come down and visit - you'll be welcomed. :)

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ditto<br /><br />Hope you all enjoy July 4.<br /><br />GR

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

yeppers, We do seem to get along, I guess. After all, we do let you use Pine Gap. To bad about Steve Irwin, I wish you could keep him!, he's almost in my backyard! give or take 30 mins..... LOL<br /><br />Hey weren't we meant to get fireworks from NASA?????? Can't see a thing.<br /><br />Happy 4th guys!<br /><br />Oh by the way eeboater, love that jeep pic in you signature!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Been there a couple of times, and loved it. You have almost as diverse a country as we do. :D From snow skiing to white sandy beaches.<br /><br />Would love to see some of our iBoats friends here sometime.<br /><br />Chris..........

eeboater

Commander

:D Thanks lark<br /><br />LOL Triton -- I'm guessing you actually like those things you listed... just aren't happy with the effects, like McD's and Krispy Kremes?<br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Hey.... don't mess with the Kremes man.